We encountered an issue connecting to your account. no connections enabled for the client

Dear Wd,

We encountered an issue connecting to your account.
no connections enabled for the client,Please solve the issue early

Thanks.

3 Likes
1 Like

Same Issue here, at least send an e-mail to the users about this to make them aware

4 Likes

Hardly any updates, no timeline on when service will be restored. Horribly handled. Why do I need to authenticate with the “cloud” when I plug my drive directly into my computer even. I’m done with WD and all their products for good now. Switched to a Synology NAS system with a couple SSD’S in it so the drives are faster and less likely to go out on me anyway. I know WD has true NAS systems instead of this cloud bull but why would I ever go back to them?

3 Likes

How about some communication??? When will you be up and running???

7 Likes

Any indication when the issue will be resolved and connection to MyCloud will be up and running again for remote users?

3 Likes

My hard drive just keeps crunching and slowing pulsing white… and I can’t log in. Any resolution to this issue yet… and how do I set it up so I can access offline once this gets fixed so I don’t have my data not accessible?

2 Likes

Western Digital is currently experiencing a service outage impacting the following products: My Cloud, My Cloud Home, My Cloud Home Duo, My Cloud OS5, SanDisk ibi, SanDisk Ixpand Wireless Charger.

We are working to restore service. We apologize for any inconvenience. Service Status and updated notifications can be monitored at http://status.mycloud.com/os4

I guess WD has invoked a Disaster Recovery plan ??!

Western Digital is actually comically bad a resolving anything, especially when it comes to their sandisk products. I got the IBI dead on arrival 2 months ago and I had to spend about an hour each week following up with them to actually get the RMA done. It took about two hours to go through the troubleshooting with an agent, where I was asked me to press and hold the reset button for various lengths of time over and over. Once the agent finally gave up, I was told that someone else would follow up with me by phone. It took about a week to get that call and it was pretty much “does the product still not work”. The answer was yes and I waited another week to get an email asking for a bunch of information. Two weeks after that I got an email with a shipping label and sent it out. The package arrived a few days later, but the status didn’t change on their RMA portal. I followed up 8 days later and they told me that I needed to wait 7 days from the time it arrived (I already waited 8 days.) I followed up 3 days in a row and finally got a tracking number. The RMA device finally showed up on 4/3/23 and now I can’t even use it because the server is down. Not to mention there are people on other forums that claim there is a security exploit on these things that allow malicious parties to access your private photos. Maybe WD is finally doing something about that and the servers are down for maintenance, but that’s doubtful. I have been legitimately scammed out of hundreds of dollars online before and have felt less annoyed than I do by this situation

People should also know that there has been an exploit known on the IBI for a long time: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=sandisk%20ibi
I also spoke with someone that had this to say a few months back:

" I work on one of the top iot security in the country and we have access to multiple dark web forums. We use these forums as research for vulnerability for alot of IOT technology that we bring to our home. Our daily scan consist of thousand of these pictures and videos. They are paid forums, and invite only. I am not allowed to give the direct forum, but search discord and you will find one or two of the admins of that forum baiting people to pay premium for contents that they stole from people’s cloud hard drives. One of the biggest leak happened due to WD vulnerability couple of years ago…their back door has not been entirely fix and their “answers” to many inquiries are " We discontinued supporting that version".
"

Im by no means a techie, but cant understand why they cant give us a work around not being able to access the Drives locally. I always assumed I would be able to do this. Finding this out makes me rethink my storage going forward.

This is still not fixed. We can only hope that our data is safe from this hack.

all, especially to @WD: when the *** can we remotely access MyCloud again ? It am a frequent traveller and it is crucial for me to access my data through internet from wherever.

Also WD: very poor in giving updates to the community of your users!! I would expect a more professional approach in this matter, e.g. 1.) share a plan with a target-date that everything is 100% up and running again and 2.) daily updates on progress.

Last not least: if you (WD) are not able to solve this issue and we can forget about remote access from now on, at least let us know so that we can start work on installing alternative infrastructure.

1 Like

I was just talking about getting a new hard drive. The cloud actually doesn’t seem like the safest bet to me, and this has not helped it’s case. WD, you have to do way better than this junk.

1 Like

you should check the documents or contact to specific client which are you using, they can provide you more information regarding how to enable connection for clients and troubleshoot the issue.