- Sounds like you have a WDTV HD Media Player Gen1 (WDT-39029 is Not the Model Number)
Valid Model Numbers Here:
- 1.03.01 WDLXTV-0.5.8.1 (which is Custom Firmware) is based on the last firmware ever released in 2009 (there is no other firmware for you to update to)
Out of curiosity:
1) When will it ship a WDTV for 4K files?
Nobody knows if they are working on a “New Player” let alone if it will support 4K
2) At this time which is the best WD Western Digital TV model to read video files?
I own a WDTV Media Player (2014) and a WDTV Live Hub … both read all supported media fine
Note:The WDTV Live Streaming is still awaiting a firmware update to fix MP4 bugs (the 2014 model recieved an update a couple of weeks ago that fixed the problem)
3) The new WD Western Digital TV model read better video files than old version? Is it more powerful than old 5 years model?
I still have my Gen1 (which can play 98% of files the 2014 Model can)… a few things that it can’t do (compared to the 2014 Model and Live Streaming)
a) Gen1 can’t decode DTS to Stereo (for your TV) … only supports “Pass Through” to DTS capable reciever
b) Gen1 has Limited “Reference Frame Support” for MKV’s (if the MKV exceeds the limit it was stutter and break up)
c) Gen1 doesent support DTS-MA
d) Gen1 AFAIK doesent support DVD Menus
e) Gen1 cant handle “Header Stripping” in MKV’s (you need to re-mux with no compression to fix)
Is it more powerful than old 5 years model?
Yes, but not by much
Here’s the tech-specs
Supported Specs and Bitrates on the 2014 Media Player