Ok, I finally got my new player (Prodigi PD-100N) this weekend and all I can say is UNBELIEVABLE. It solved all my problems that I had with WD TV and gave me more for a $99.47 (including shipping) from Amazon. Here’s my quick test this weekend:
- Nice little unit with all the cables (including HDMI)
- Plug and pray (and yes it worked perfectly right out of the box)
- HDMI gives me 1080p resolution. All my movies suddenly are so clear and beautiful. I didn’t not know that since WD TV always gave me lower resolution and all this time I thought my movies are low resolution.
- Subtitle works great and I love the fact the I can change color from the default white to other colors (I picked yellow)
- FF/Reverse up to 32x (WD TV only has 16x). However, the time search is even better, faster
Firmware update is fairly frequent and most importantly I heard that they do listen to customers
2 years warranty
The remote control is much better than WD TV once you got used to (ie change subtitle font size/color on the fly, edit/delete filename)
- The USB port is in front makes the cable looks a little bit ugly.
- Menu not as nice as WD TV but I think it can be upgraded with the new firmware in the future.
I gave it a five stars… I’m not sure what do I do with the WD TV now since it’s only 3 months old.
One thing I want to mention is that I’m not affiliated with them in anyway. As I mentioned in the other thread I hate “made in China” product but this is one unit that I have to give credit for. I hope WD will take things seriously before losing more customers like me.
To find out more info about this product, go here: