Short explanation of the situation:
- Bought a WD30EZRX a month ago and installed it in my computer (MB= Intel DP45SG extreme)
- BIOS recognized HDD correctly with full capacity (2.7xx GB, xx stands for " I don’t remember ")
- Win7x86 recognized the Disk correctly with full capacity, no problems
- formatted the HD with MBR, NTFS, 4KB-Sectors (Quickformat), 1 partition over full capacity
- everything worked fine, I stored a lot of files on it, no problems at all (neither writing nor reading)
It is NOT the System-Disk, I just used it for storage, maybe 60% used
Two days ago win7 did an update and after that it says “restart you computer” and so I did
While starting the System a black screen appeared and did something with the disk.
I don’t know exactly what, because I was not nearby and I only saw the screen for a second, then win7 started as usual.
As result disc was shown as “RAW”, Partition lost, Win7 says: “Disk unformatted, do you want to format it now?”
I did not.
After a second restart disc shows some folders and files, but they are not usable.
Did some investigation (with tools, but no writing actions) and discovered the disk is now GPT-format.
- Is there a way to get my datas back ?
- HOW ??
PLEASE: No blablabla-answers, what I should have done from the start (format it in GPT and so on) and what I did wrong. We can talk about this after the Questions are answered.
It’s not the thing that I want to use it in future the same way - I can save datas to another drive and install/format the EZRX after that in the correct way.
Would be very nice if you have a solution.
Thanks in advance to all you Gurus
and best greetings from Austria