WD2GO and mkv file extensions

Has anyone found a way to get the mkv file extensions to be recognized yet. I have tried mx video player, mobo player, arc media and others on both Acer A500 and EVO 3D. Just get the ? and message to download a player.  The way I use to do it before I bought the WD my book Was to use my WD USB Drive connected to my WDTVLIVE with  FileManager HD to pull the mkv files.  I thought the App and the my book drive would be worth it but so far only good for my PC and WDTVLIVE unit.

Did you tried the VLC player?

you may try VLC, and also BS Player, in my opinion two fo the best media players.

I found the solution at another forum and VLC is not available for android still in alpha testing. The app WD released is unable to recognize any mkv file extensions. There email support don’t understand it. Anyways the solution. On a lan network, which is how I want to access the WD my book network drive, you download  ES File Explorer from the market.  With this app you can access the WD my book drive and see all the files as normal. I can select any mkv file and select MX Video player to stream them to my tablet. So any one with mkv issues this is a working solution for a lan connection.

Do you know of any solutions for iphone users? I keep getting the “?” for trying to view my mkv files on the WD2go app on my iphone and ipad.

darpsamoa wrote:

Do you know of any solutions for iphone users? I keep getting the “?” for trying to view my mkv files on the WD2go app on my iphone and ipad.

WD 2Go will ALWAYS show the “?” for MKVs because it doesn’t support them natively.

You’ll need an app that can play them; something like Azul, or Buzz Player HD, or whatever.

When you “select” an MKV file in WD 2Go app, it will download the whole file, and then you’ll see an action button where you can tell it to “Open With …” and select the media player app.

But thanks to a bug in iOS 5.0+, it won’t work reliably with files over roughly 300 meg in size…