WD Ultra Format - Software gone

Hello, I did a format of my 1tb Ultra Hdd and it has wiped the WD utilities software off, is there any way to get it back as I need to reset password and setup backup…

Thanks.

I think you misunderstood, how do I install it back on to the passport drive?

You don’t need to - you install it onto whatever machine you have connected the passport drive to.

What’s initially shipped on the My Passport drive are just the install files, the same as the ones you can download from the link above. It’s to save you having to download them from the website (and to give them to you directly so that there’s more chance that you’ll actually use them of course). Just for simple convenience and self-promotion.

There is nothing installed onto the drive itself in the sense that you mean, it’s all installed onto the machine you connect the MyPassport to and runs from there.

That don’t make sense. I use my Passport on Popcorn Hour, but my WD My Passport Won’t run. I have reformatted it in the past and I’ve verified Fat file type. It needs the setup files on the drive to read it. Popcorn uses linex file system. Where can i download the Original Autorun and exe files?

Sorry I meant Free Agent GoFlex works because it has the setup files on it.

https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=232#WD_downloads

There is no software for Linux, again it shouldn’t be necessary (mine runs fine under Raspbian). More likely the issue could be your box can’t supply enough power via its USB port for the drive to work properly.

And again I repeat - the set up files are just there for convenience to save you having to download them. They run on the PC or Mac, not the drive itself. You can copy them to the PC, install them there then entirely blank the drive and it will still work just fine.