WD TV media Player won't load 3T Passport ultra

I have several Passports ranging from 1T to 3T that I keep my movie/TV show library on. I have 2 WD TV Media players to connect them to my tvs. I haven’t had a problem loading them till recently. Now every time I connect my purple 3TB Ultra to either player it reads "previous selected content has been disconnected. Would you like to browse a different source. I have tried plugging into both the front and back ports, resetting the player, checking the HD for errors and different usb cables. I have no problem with it on my PC but it just won’t load on the WD MP. It says it’s connecting to the usb port but never compiles the media no matter how long I leave it plugged up. I live in the country an area without cable access and SAT is too costly so we rely on my media library for entertainment. Anybody have an Idea what to do?

This error message can result from removing the hard drive without using the eject button on the remote.

Try running CHKDSK on Windows to repair the file system, and if this does not work look for a hidden .wdtv folder within your unit (And erase it). As a last resort, you may have to completely reformat your WD Passport.

Trancer Thank you for your reply it was quite helpful. I reset the player and updated the firmware. I was using this particular HD when our electricity went out it was after that I couldn’t get it to load on either WD player. Your are much appreciated.