WD TV Live No access to YouTube

I am using the old firmware version 2.01.86
Just yesterday I tried to enter in YouTube
After clicking on the application I got the usual yellow arrow for a very short time.
After that only a black screen, I wait for a long time and nothing happened.
Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Thanks in advance

Al272

The old Youtube Video App (black and white logo) is discontinued

And the new one, had an issue of Youtube SSL v3 deprecation

the above is documented here … so, looks like you’ll have to upgrade your Firmware or say bye-bye to Youtube.

My You tube quit working yesterday 6/15/16. Was fine the day before. Now I get page not available. I am using the 2.03.20. Version. Thanks Dan

maybe add your post to this thread instead…
this thread is about a “black screen” not “page unavailable” and it’s a 2 Week old thread

There is not a thread link in your reply. Thanks and the heading of this thread is no access to YouTube which is my problem

my youtube worked yesterday 6/17/2016 and I updated the fireware too, today nothing… but it says page not availble.

yes there is … click on the blue colored text (it contains a hyperlink)

here is another example, … click on this :wink:

This is a pile of poop. The only reason I bought WD a couple years ago is to use the Youtube app because there was no other streaming player that I have found that had it on their list of apps. Now that WD has removed it, the thing is a piece of junk. Most of the apps that are listed no longer work on this device either.

WD did’nt remove it … Google / Youtube “changed something” which made it incompatible

This is the problem with some Media Streaming Devices … unless they are updated regularly to adapt to Media Source changes then yes, you’ll end up with a box with broken apps.

Post a complaint on the Google Forum
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/K9KbvnwJhrY;context-place=forum/youtube

My PS3, Android devices (Phone, Table, TV Box) and RPi3 [Kodi] … receive updates regularly, and yes, they all have working Youtube access (tested today June19th)

Well I just hope they bring it back because that is the one app I used almost daily.

YouTube app not working for me either with newest firmware.
I get the same “page isn’t available” message.
It’s coming back right?

If the YouTube app isn’t fixed I’m throwing these things in the garbage.
Looks like it should just be a simple fix by Google/YouTube though. :slight_smile:

Edit: working now. :slight_smile:

What did you do to make it work? The Youtube issue is just another annoyance I have with these devices. In principle I like them, except for all the bugs and instability. WD acts like they can do something to fix the problems but without a firmware update, IT WON’T GET FIXED. And there will never be new firmware for these pieces of junk.

No more Western Digital products for me. First it was the hard drives, now this. I’m just amazed at their callousness about this. So many people are upset about this, yet the silence on this is deafening.

Ok, so anyone have suggestions on other players that do content from a network drive AND common streaming services such as Netflix, Youtube, Hulu?

EDIT: I just saw there was new firmware released in April. Amazing! However, it appears Youtube is gone completely? :frowning:

Nothing … it’s back online now

That’s the OLD Youtube app (the Black and One Logo one) that’s gone …

It was retired on a number of devices … my Panasonic Smart TV included (no worries though, have a number of devices which support Youtube Leanback or “Red”)

Youtube Leanback or “Red” is the one everyone is discussing here … and is back online the WDTV

Ok good to know. I’m truly excited that I don’t have to switch to a Fire or Roku yet.

I can confirm this. I was having the same problem that most of you were having since June 17th. I tried it again today and YouTube Leanback is working again. My kids can now resume having their Friday night dance parties.