WD TV Live Media Player stops playing hd movies after like 20 -30 minutes

Hello there, i’m really out of ideas.
Like the title says, my box stops playing hd movies after 20 - 30 minutes of streaming.
I tried a few movies and it interrupts always on the same spot.However i have only this issue with streaming movies from my HDD what is connected to my router. The movies are running fine when i plug the HDD directly in the box, so the problem can’t be the movies itself. I also figured out my problem appears only on large HD files.
Small 1-2gb files are running fine, too.

I already tried a rollback. Downgrade Firmware from 2.02.32 to 2.01.86
It changed nothing for me.

This is my box:

Hello

Please refer to the below knowledge base article:

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=5385

Does it happen only with larger file sizes?

It happens due to high bitrate as Samba (the method the WD TV uses to read a network location) cannot play back high bitrate movies.

Well, the workaround to use the media server option essentially means high bitrate videos will be transcoded to play on the WDTV. That may be fine for some users. If the OP wants to play the media unaltered AND has it connected via router so it can be accessed on multiple devices then consider this: A HDD connected directly to the WDTV Live can be seen on the network as a shared drive. Mine is set up this way. It allows me to save new movies on my PC and “push” them to the WDTV over the network. I can still stream it to the PC or a tablet if I want while it remains “local” to the WDTV.

logan.h WDStaff
December 22 |

It happens due to high bitrate as Samba (the method the WD TV uses to read a network location) cannot play back high bitrate movies.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

horizons1
December 16 |

Does it happen only with larger file sizes?
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.