WD Mycloud disconnecting everytime watching movies

Ok, at first when I updated firmware it seemed fine, but after trying to watch some movies WD Mycloud always disconnects during the movie, anyone else has the same problem and what can be done?

Using latest firmware.

I turned of sleep mode now  as I’ve seen some people on forums suggest it, will update if it works or not

Assuming you’re watching them via DLNA, another thing to try is to turn off “Restart Server on NIC Changes” in the Twonky settings.

Alright will try that, also I see that it is recommended to enable UPnP in the router setup, is that only for online streaming, or will it also affect streaming over lan ?

exile2013 wrote:

Alright will try that, also I see that it is recommended to enable UPnP in the router setup, is that only for online streaming, or will it also affect streaming over lan ?

There’s no need to enable UPnP in your router unless you’re wanting to do mobile access.

It has no bearing on LAN streaming.

Okay thanks for all the info, will test later today.

No luck, still getting disconnects pretty much makes it impossible to watch movies having to start it up again 4-5 times.

Might be 100% random but turned off time machine and Itunes server and no disconnect for the whole movie, will update if this is a permanent fix or not.

Still have sleep off as well.

After alot of trial and error I finally found a fix for me. What finally worked was turning off remote cloud access. It seems that even though I only streamed through lan, it somehow interfered, when streaming movies it would randomly disonnect every 30 min or so, haven’t had any problems since watching several movies…

Posting this incase anyone else has similar issues. Also this is obviously only a fix for home use, since internet access wont work.