WD MyBook Live - 2Gig Connection Problem

I cannot remotely connect my WDMybook Live drive so as I can access it outside of my normal LAN… I have a Actiontech1000H router… All my computers can see the MBL drive on my LAN, even wirelessly… Problem is I cannot establish a connection so as I can access the drive when I am away from home… I am trying to use WD2go… I have read many ideas on this forum and none seem to help… Any ideas anyone?.. Maybe I just can’t use the device… If not I will get rid of it., since my prime reason to purchase was being to be able to share files across the www… thanks for any help in this matter… I have tried to send a message to technical support and am unable to get a message thru to them…, so maybe WD is not the way to go… 

Other than WD2go, how are you actually trying toa ccess the files remotely? Can you post your full configuration?

No, only thru the WD2go link… In the setup of the mybook live., all worked fine except for the fact that it will not create a remote access link… I can see the drive on all my computers on my LAN, even the wireless ones… What I want to do is to access this drive on the internet so as I can share files with others onine… The setup procedure will not create this link… I have even tried to port forward the ip address and somewheres along the line this drive setup has disabled all port forwarding… I think that WD is at fault with their setup links not working, as they are using ports 80 and 443… These ports are not open on my router… Thanks for the reply…

I as well cannot reach my MBL from the cloud side using wd2go.com. Everything inside my LAN, no problem at all reaching this device. I have included a snapshot of what  I think, —>>> the connecting needs to go away, and needs to be on ready. But I have no clue how. I tried rebooting device, updated firmware. Any help please, Thanks.

Thank you…My problem is this exactly and thanks for the reply… I know that I am not alone with this… Still trying to get ahold of WD support… They can’t call me for some reason…, Have emailed lots back and forth… Next week I will call them and go from there…IF this problem can be resolved I will post the results and the fix here… Thanks for posting your failure as well… I know there are many in the same situation with this drive…

Regards,