WD My Book Live DLNA server and Samsung Smart TV + subs

Hi,

I am looking for a NAS drive with built in DLNA support so I can stream directly stream from it to my Samsung Smart TV without having to turn on my PC.

I have checked online the WD My Book Live and nobody can’t tell me for sure if they are fully compatible with my ES8000 TV and whether they will stream all the video formats I want (mp4, wma, mkv, avi…).

What’s worse - from this forums it seams that the DLNA server (i tohut it was Twonly version 5 and now i hear there is a different server available via update? what’s the deal with that) doesn’t support external subtitle files.

I need a clear answer about whether My Book Live fully supports my TV (fully means close to the Samsung AllShare server - thumbnails support, external subtitels, full resoulution streaming of all supported formats and so on), what formats does it support and does it support external subtitle files with each of those formats?

There has been multiple post in the past regarding this.

Take a look at this one and make sure to pay attention to the replies done by WDTony:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/Subtitles-not-loaded-on-Samsung-Smart-TV-UE40D6000/m-p/413478/highlight/true#M1103

That doesn’t help me at all. It simply describes the problem but says nothing about the solution and certainly not about the new DLNA server that i have heard off.