WD EX2 Ultra & My Cloud OS 5 - Can not enable FTP on some shares

Hi All,

I hope this is the right place to post this issue, if not please suggest the correct possible place.

I have a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra running My Cloud OS 5 (5.22.113) and I am having an issue with FTP.

Up until a few days ago, everything was running perfect. I was using FileZilla to access the EX2 and upload files but then I started getting an ECONNREFUSED error in FileZilla and was unable to access any of the Shares on the drive.

I could however access them via the web dashboard, it showed the shares were there and still contained data.

After some research I found a post that suggested disabling and enabling FTP on each share to see if it fixed the issue but this is where a new issue presented itself. I can reenable FTP on most of the shares but some hang with an Updating message being displayed. I figured this was due to the size of the share but larger ones enable in seconds and I even deleted one and recreated it but that still hangs too.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, lgd

Update:
I have never encountered this issue before but have discovered that I had put an apostrophe in the titles of the shares that I couldn’t enable ftp on.

Once they were removed I could enable ftp and access the NAS with no issues at all through FileZilla.

Hi @lifegotdead,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask