WD, ETA for firmware update?

It’s been months since we’ve seen a firmware upgrade for the WDTV Hub. As a previous owner of the gen1 and live, I know that firmware updates are not very often, but do occur every 3-8 months depending. Can we get an idea of how the latest firmware is going and a possible release date or changes log?

It’s not WD policy to comment on release dates or provide change logs in advance.

We’ve repeatedly asked for this and the answer is always no; they don’t want to be criticised when dates aren’t kept or harrassed if features / fixes don’t make it to the final build.

It’s been 1 month since the last update (2.04.13, released on the 8th March).

The release prior to that was December 30th (2.03.24).

We seem to get either a new beta or stable release every 2 or 3 months.  Right now, it’s been 1 month and several days, so we’re not “due” another firmware for at least a month.  

Guy_K will sometimes comment in a thread if a specific bug has been fixed in builds they’re testing.  Search for his latest posts for some idea on what *should* be fixed in the next release.

I don’t know what you are talking about new one out now… 2.05.08

kalelzone wrote:

I don’t know what you are talking about new one out now… 2.05.08

Sure, it’s out “now”.

It wasn’t out “then”.  

See, WD listens. I post about waiting on a new firmware to be released and a couple hours later…they release a firmware upgrade. If only this would be possible everyday. :smileyvery-happy:

dhadleymail wrote:

See, WD listens. I post about waiting on a new firmware to be released and a couple hours later…they release a firmware upgrade. If only this would be possible everyday. :smileyvery-happy:

You have magical powers.  Complain more often!  :D

How about today!!