No New Firmware's Update since October 2012!

Hi ,

i check regulary for a new firmware’s update , and nothing !!!

the last update’s date is Release 3.08.14 (10/31/2012) 

and we are in january !!!

when can we have a new et stable version of the firmware ?

For the WDTC Live HUB : Hardware is very good , Software less !!!

I think WD lose credibility with this multiple bugged firmware !!!

Have a Nice Day

I have one and don’t have any recent problems. 

Looks like WD has given up on the hub. In Australia it’s already bombed, I got my second 1tb hub from dse for $99, the girl in there said its cheap cause it’s an older model/old stock, what a crock, this device still does everything any media player will do and more. When you get it at this price all hope for support is lost. Let’s face it, it really never did do aswell as the WDTV Live. Hopefully we’ll see an update or two by fall.

IS it better to have update every month with almost no changes

or every few months with massive changes???

Usually when they produce new firmware every month its firmware that fixes new bugs in previous firmware. When you wait for few months its usually massive changes and almost all previous bugs fixed.

Don’t get your panties in a bunch…I’m sure WD hasn’t forgotten this device.

Well, I’m certainly hopeful that the delay in new firmware versions indicates that they’re addressing some of the more fundamental long-term issues that this unit has… the component video problem for example.

When I contacted WD Support in November about that particular problem, they were good about sending me a replacement unit which of course had the same issue after the firmware was updated.  When I contacted them back, I was told by the support tech that it was in fact a known problem, and that it was being worked on for the next firmware release.

I very much hope that’s true, but time will tell I expect.

sjodel wrote:

Hi ,

i check regulary for a new firmware’s update , and nothing !!!

the last update’s date is Release 3.08.14 (10/31/2012) 

and we are in january !!!

when can we have a new et stable version of the firmware ?

For the WDTC Live HUB : Hardware is very good , Software less !!!

I think WD lose credibility with this multiple bugged firmware !!!

Have a Nice Day

TODAY! Be you smiling now?

Thanks for that new update Bill !!

I’ve only had my hub for 2 days now. Out of the box it did an update, which is quite common as the unit was probably built more than 6 months ago. Today it updated to 3.09.18 However, I wasn’t impressed with the update process. In the end the hub was locked up and I had to pull the power, wait and re-apply power. It did come up okay after that and is showing version 3.09.18

oldphile wrote:

I’ve only had my hub for 2 days now. Out of the box it did an update, which is quite common as the unit was probably built more than 6 months ago. Today it updated to 3.09.18 However, I wasn’t impressed with the update process. In the end the hub was locked up and I had to pull the power, wait and re-apply power. It did come up okay after that and is showing version 3.09.18

If I were you, after that, I would download the update from WD and install it again via USB. Just to make sure it was a good burn that completed as it should have. Just because I’m picky about FW upgrades… I never do them online. I download, unzip and then upgrade from a USB stick.