"WD Elements Portable" doesn't connect anymore

Hi
my WD Elements Portable [WDBU6Y0040BBK] 4TB doesn’t connect anymore on my Mac Book Pro 15" 2018 (with Catalina 10.15.2). Some weeks ago it worked perfectly, it could be caused by the latest Catalina upgrade.

I connect it to the MBP, the led turn on and after some seconds starts blinking. In Finder it isn’t recognized but it is in Disk Utility, but I obviously cannot format the disk:

Schermata 2019-12-25 alle 22.51.10

I tried to install the app WD Security for Mac as read here WD Passport won't unlock after Mac OS update! - #15 by DaveyJake
but nothing changed (because I think that app is not compatible for WD Elements Portable external drives)

I connected it to a Windows PC and it recognized it immediately with all my files. So it should be a related Mac issue…

Please, someone can help me?

Please, no one can help me?
I can’t access to my files anymore :frowning:

1 Like

No on with this problem?
Please let me know, thanks

Please, someone can help? :frowning:

I have two My Passport for Macs, neither of them show up when I plug them in. In security, discovery or utilities. I have thousands of photos that I haven’t been able to access. Help.

I solved: I plugged the WD at a Windows PC, it says the disk has issues and asked to do a verify+ repair. I made so, it took like 3-4 hours, after that it says disk is now fixed. Plugged it back on my Mac and it works like a charm. Thanks to me to get this solved.

1 Like