WD ELEMENTS PLAY Thumbgen problem

Dear WD Community, hi everyone and nice to see an amazing forum like this :slight_smile:

I don’t speak English really well, but I’ll make my own best to make you understand my problem. 

I own a WD Elements Play 2tb (PAL) and I got almost 700 video files. 
The major problem of this hard drive is that, in spite of the infos on the manual, this device:

• can’t show folder.jpg images 

• can’t read subtitles (but this is not so important imo)

I’m looking for a solution for the first problem. I need your help to install Thumbgen + Movie sheet on my WD Elements Play, for a better user experience. Is there any guide? May you help me pls :cry: pls respond

demLong wrote:

Thumbgen + Movie sheet on my WD Elements Play, for a better user experience. Is there any guide?

Not possible, sorry.

I don’t know why you’re having problems with “folder.jpg” files and subtitles, though…  They do work for me…

Ok thank you :frowning:

Is there any guide to resolve the problems with the folder.jpg and the subtitles?

sry for double post, another Question. Is there any Modified Firmware to improve this device?

demLong wrote:

Ok thank you :frowning:

Is there any guide to resolve the problems with the folder.jpg and the subtitles?

Other than the manual?   

Mh I installed the last firmware… Anyway if I buy a WD TV live can I connect my Elements Play to it and see thumbgen + moviesheet?

And how many hard drives can I connect simultaneously to WD TV live?

I see that TonyPh12345 has no problem with Folder.jpg Files. Can you explain how to do it please?  There is a suggestion on Page 42 of the user manual that there might be a solution but when I scroll through the Setup {ages, I do not get the same headings as shown in the Manual.