WD Elements Play Software Download?

Could anyone advise on where i’m able to download the installation softwarre for my 2TB Elements Play Multimedia Drive? I cannot find this anywhere. The package did not ship with an installation/reinstallation CD or DVD. I want to format the drive and reinstall the software but cannot locate any form of Elements Play Installation utility or software…

What software was on the elements play? There is not any software needed.

Nope…  There’s no software.   You just plug it into your PC and it’s recognized as an external USB drive.

Okay, but once i’ve connected the unit to my Television, where is the actual interface that allows a user to access movies, the file management system, photos and music being accessed from?

Is the software that drives this not resident on the drive itself?

I want to reformat the unit, but i want to reinstall the content that represents this interface. Unless this is somehow kept separately within the Elements Play’s housing/case on some form of flash memory, it would also be destroyed along with any data on the drive if i were to reformat the drive under Windows.

Thats all generated by the internal firmware.

1 Like

As far as I can see, you just get all your media off the disk and then go to Disk Manager in the internal menus. From there you can format your drive.

This sounds perfect, thanks.

If the actual interface is being controlled by firmware and not content on the disk itself, i can just remove the partition through windows disk management, reformat the drive, and it would still function perfectly once i reconnect it to my television.

I was just concerned that the actual data for the interface that is navigated once a user connects to an external monitor (the telly) would be removed if i reformatted the hard drive, but it doesn’t sound like this is going to be the case.