Wd elements play 2tb hdmi not working

hi recently i bought a wd elements play 2tb. i tried on my panasonic tv DT60 and the hdmi is not working. I have tried the component cable and it is working fine. Any way to fix it? I would like to use as HDMI instead of the component cable. Can anyone help me? 

HDMI cable is working fine.

I did’nt know you could still buy a WD Elements Play 2TB ?  (It’s a pretty old device … basically a GEN1 + HDD in a plastic box)

… ebay special perhaps ?    (which might explain the HDMI not working) perhaps ?

I guess the only other question is have you tried another device (Bluray,PS3,Xbox etc) connected to the TV via HDMI (just to make sure it’s not the TV) ?

P.S. This is the WDTV Live Hub forum … as you may well know, because the WD Elements Play Forum has been Archived (device is no longer supported … It’s a read-only section now)

Who knows, you may find something in there which relates to you problem

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-Elements-Play/bd-p/elements_play

blazerflamz wrote:

I have tried the component cable and it is working fine. Any way to fix it? I would like to use as HDMI instead of the component cable.

In addition to what JoeySmith said, you’re saying you’ve tried COMPONENT?  The Elements Play doesn’t have Component Video, but the Hub does…

So I’m confused which product you have.

oops, yeah you’re right Tony … the WDTV ELEMENTS PLAY 2TB only has either (from left to right)   HDMI / Composite

ONLY the WDTV Live Hub has all 3 (Standard) Connections … (from left to right)   HDMI / Composite / Component