WD Drive Utilities does not recognize My Passport drive

I’ve been using my new My Passport 4TB drive (formatted as APFS) as a backup for my MacBook (running Catalina OS). The drive works just fine.

However, when I opened the WD Drive Utilities app to disable the LED on the My Passport drive, the app said only, “Attach a supported WD drive.” The storage section of the WD Discovery app still recognizes the drive.

WD Drive Utilities does recognize my other two identical 4TB My Passport drives, which are formatted as Mac OS Extended for general, non-backup-related file storage. I can open Drive Utilities and disable the LED or run its Drive Test functions for those drives.

WD technical support has no answer for this issue. Has anyone else encountered the problem of WD Drive Utilities not recognizing a My Passport drive?

Thanks!

Hi @slobjones,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

The form on that link you provided does not work. I tried submitting the form in three different browsers and every time got this response:

Warning

There was a problem with the request and the action could not be completed.

Are you actually trying to provide support, or just wasting our time and hoping we’ll quit in frustration?