WD Drive Utilities - Complete Drive Test hangs

I recently purchased two “WD easystore 14TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drives”. I attached them to my PC and let Windows do its thing to install drivers etc. and they show up as “WD easystore 264D USB Device” in Device Manager. Note, I did NOT manually install any software, e.g. the “Install Western Digital Software for Windows.exe” that was found on the drive.

I then downloaded and installed “WD Drive Utilities for Windows” from Easy Desktop.
I then ran “WD Drive Utilities”.
First, I used “Run Drive Status Check” and both drives passed.
Then, I used “Run Quick Drive Test” and both drives passed.
Then, I used “Run Complete Drive Test” and that test appears to hang at 10% for both drives. The test went from 0% to 10% fairly fast, maybe one or a couple of minutes, but then stays at 10%. I waited as long as 6 hours and it was still at 10%. Task Manager shows no disk activity.

Is this a (known or not) problem with “WD Drive Utilities”?
How do I best proceed to fully test the two new drives before putting them into production?

Someone suggested to download, install and run “Western Digital Dashboard” but I do not see it listed as one of the downloads and supported programs for the “WD easystore 14TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive” product page at Easy Desktop
Does “Western Digital Dashboard” have an extended test for the “WD easystore 14TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive” and is it more likely that that test will complete?

I re-ran “WD Drive Utilities” and its “Run Complete Drive Test” on one of the drives. Again, it seemingly got stuck at 10% but I did not cancel the test. And after 20 hours (!) it progressed to 20%. It was stuck at 20% for another 22 hours, i.e. a total running time of 42 hours, at which point I cancelled the test.

Hi @WiseScene422,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask