WD discovery helper & Keychain for Mac

Hi,
On logging in, with my Discovery drive connected, I keep getting this message:
WD discovery helper wants to use your confidential information stored in…your keychain" To allow this, enter the “login” keychain password.
There are three options - always allow, deny or allow. I want to deny access, but when I click ‘deny’ the pop up keeps reappearing. How do I get rid of it?

Hi @weat,

As per your concern, enabling an auto-unlock option in WD Discovery requires root permission to access and store the password.

1. Enter the “login” keychain password and click Always Allow .

2. Uncheck the auto unlock option in WD Discovery to disable the auto unlock feature.

Hope this will help!

same problem,

“WD discovery helper wants to use your confidential information stored in xxxxx in your keychain”. To allow this, enter the “login” keychain password."

but won’t accept correct password; then if I seek help, system won’t accept correct email and password. And No, I can’t get rid of prompt.

I’m having the same issue -it will not allow me to enter what I have as a password and does not allow me to do anything to remove it. I cannot backup my files now. Extremely frustrating.

I found the least frustrating and most expeditious solution was to buy a seagate SSD. Cheaper than a psychiatrist, more gratifying than the otherwise-anticipated leap from a basement window.

This is happening to me…Nearly 2023 WD… What is the solution?

1 Like

This IS RENDERING my expensive Mac unusable… I’d suggest someone from WD gets in touch pronto before I have to get in touch with you…

1 Like

I’m having the same problem and my iMac will not give me the password so I uninstalled WD Discovery which seemed to take care of the problem so far

1 Like