WD Discovery does not sign in to WD Home

WD Discovery application has been working until the last Windows 10 update (I think) and the app logout. Now when I try to sign in it stays trying (the Sign in button is disabled and the circle is moving) but never finishes. I can login with same user and password in the mobile app and the web site home.mycloud.com. I have also tested to use a wrong password and it shows the error “Wrong email or password”, so it is connecting to check the user and password but then it does nothing.
Thansk.

La aplicación WD Discovery ha estado funcionando hasta la última actualización de Windows 10 (creo) y el cierre de sesión de la aplicación. Ahora, cuando intento iniciar sesión, sigue intentándolo (el botón Iniciar sesión está deshabilitado y el círculo se mueve) pero nunca termina. Puedo iniciar sesión con el mismo usuario y contraseña en la aplicación móvil y en el sitio web home.mycloud.com. También he probado a utilizar una contraseña incorrecta y muestra el error “Correo electrónico o contraseña incorrectos”, por lo que sí se está conectando para verificar el usuario y la contraseña, pero luego no hace nada.
Gracias.

This is a recurring problem with Windows 10 updates where:
" it looks like Windows 10 “is loading up a temporary profile to be used during the update process and failing to restore the user’s profile when done.” "
You can try this fix:

1 Like

Thank you, but I had already found that post in the community and tried it… but it did not fix the problem, the WD Discovery application remains doing nothing when I try to sign in:

I have sent the same question to WD support but I have not received any answer yet.

You could try changing the password from a working app such as the mobile app and/or uninstall and reinstall WD Discovery on the PC. See this thread:

Estoy con el mismo problema, encontraste alguna solución ?

Hola Edgar,
Si, simplemente cambié la contraseña desde la web y ya pude logarme en la aplicación.
Un saludo,
Angel