WD deletes files

I have some problems. it appears that all files i’ve deleted in my harddrive is also automatically deleted inmy WD passport back-up.

is there a way i can retrieve those files?

You can look for some data recovery software like Recuva. If you only have one copy you don’t have a backup.

Joe

that’s the problem exactly with my HD passport external harddrive. when i back up my files and delete the original file, e.g. i back up a document from C into D (external HD, wd passport), why is it that when i delete my original file inmy C, the back-up file in my external HD is also deleted.

isnt it supposed to be a back-up?

tnx for the rcovery software. ill do that.

You’re must likely using a Synchronization software and not a Backup software. The synchronization is not consider a backup, it will remove any files you remove, that way you’ll have the same in both places. Backup software does not delete any files since they’re not programmed for that. Do you have an older Passport?

Hello,

Can you post the Model number of your drive to find out which software you are using.

i have removed the microsoft groove synchronization already.

what should i do next so that all files saved on my wd my passport are individuall saved?

am sorry, i did not get what you mean?

my external hard drive?

samwel wrote:

i have removed the microsoft groove synchronization already.

what should i do next so that all files saved on my wd my passport are individuall saved?

You can copy and paste the files into the drive, this is the easiest way to get files backed up. You can use a backup software as well. See this article for more info :

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1717/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwNTIwOTgwNi9zaWQvcHlCUUlNdGs%3D