WD Book not recognised by any PC

Hello, I have a WD Book 2507A - MDL WD25001032-001
Basicaly the Book is not being recognised by any of the computers in the house - using Windows 10 and Windows 7.
Iplug the Book into the computers - using various USB ports - the Book works normally - light is on the disks spin - just normal. But the Drive is not showing at all - not in Device Manager or Computer Manager.

I know there are several threads regarding simmilar problems - but they all seem to suggest that the drive is being recognised in some way on the computer.

Mine is not - nowhere to be seen - and yet as I say the Book it’s self seems to be operating as it should.

What can I do - any solution?

Yes I have tried a differant USB cable - straight out of a packet (new).

At my wits end - need the files that are on the Book.

Any help would definately be appreciated, thank you.

Hi djg145,

Is the drive is showing up in the Disk Management. If it does, what is the status of the drive (Not initialized, Unallocated, Healthy partition)?

Hello Alex, No it isn’t showing up in the disk management or the device manager. When I plug in the USB cable, the book comes alive and seems normal, just not being actually recognised by the computer. I have since taken the hard drive out of the cover, plugged it directly into the computer and it was recognised straight away. So I have since removed my files and formatted the hard drive. Rebuilt it and still not recognised.

Hi, I have the same issue. How did you access the case to get at the drive (without doing permanent damage)?