WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD Doesn't show up in BIOS, Disk Manager, or Device Manager?

I bought and installed a WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD into my Dell Inspiron 15 7559. Internal installation, fits like a glove, but the drive doesn’t show up in Disk Management or in BIOS or in Device Manager. There’s no way for me to Initialize the SSD because it’s just not showing up at all anywhere. I’ve tried removing and reinstalling, carefully following instructions. I also installed the Western Digital Dashboard 2.7.0.0 but even that program cannnot find the SSD.

My primary hard drive is already an SSD.
Also, the newly installed WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD gets VERY warm, even though it should technically be doing nothing because it’s not even recognized by the computer.

What is going on?!

Did you try to connect the ssd outside your computer … using an external enclosure for M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD with usb connector ?

Knock, knock …

To help others … Do you let us know if problem is solved ?

I have not tried connecting externally. And I’ll try that next I suppose

Did you get this resolved yet?

Not yet. I ordered an external case for the drive, it hasn’t arrived yet.

According to this thread, the Inspiron 7559 does not support NVMe, so You need an M.2 SSD that uses SATA rather than NVMe/PCIe,
This is the reason it doesn’t show up in the BIOS

This thread also includes a recommendation to an appropriate SSD for your system, namely the Samsung 850, but make sure you get the M.2 version,

2 Likes

Yep … it’s not working indeed.
I try it myself with an external SATA adapter (working) and NVMe adapter (not working).

Yes it won’t work because your laptop doesn’t support it, in any configuration