Help! SN750 SSD Is not recognized by BIOS or Windows

I recently built a new PC. I bought the SN750 NVMe SSD 2TB for my games and other files. But It does not get recognized by BIOS or Windows.All hardware Is new and everything Is up to date along with all the drivers needed. My Samsung 980 PRO NVMe SSD Is recognized fine with no problem.Everything else In PC works fine. I requested a replacement for SN750 but even the replacement Is not recognized.It does not pop up In disk management either to format or partition.I tried third slot as well.Would really like some help here.Thank you.

A recurring problem that has been discussed many times here on this forum with just as many solutions.

Search the forum or view “Easy fix to SSD not showing up in Windows 10”

I tried every step In that link and I am still with the same problem.

Put the SSD in an external housing for M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD with USB-connector and see if your computer is detecting it.

Alright, I bought an external housing with USB connector for the SSD. It arrives later today. I’ll comeback on here with the results after I try It out.

Okay, so I put the SSD In an external housing and connected via USB. Disk manager did recognize and I was able to do the partition which then appeared as should In Windows. So I then attempted to try again as an Internal drive on the motherboard again. But once again not recognized at all. So what Is the problem here? It’s obvious the SSD works. Something with the motherboard or BIOS?

So far, so good.

Next:
Which motherboard?

Control WD BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD Motherboard Compatibility List

Download Compatibility List

Which Bios settings?

This one: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Master (AM4 AMD/B550/ATX/Triple M.2/SATA 6Gb/s/USB 3.2 Gen 2/WiFi 6/Realtek ALC1220-Vb/Fins-Array Heatsink/RGB Fusion 2.0/DDR4/Gaming Motherboard) Amazon.com

I did check compatibility list for this specific motherboard and the exact SSD Is listed.

For motherboard settings I can’t specifically mention them at the moment but I haven’t messed with anything except for trying to fix this problem but kept resetting back to default when the problem still persisted to ensure I don’t mess up anything. All I’ve done with motherboard Is update It and load optimized settings. ( problem existed even before updating and loading optimized settings)

The 3 Master’s M.2 storage lanes are all PCIe 4.0 which
The first (top) M.2 is wired directly to the CPU.
The second and third slots share bandwidth with the PCIe (GPU) connector.

Do you run the system only with te SN750 NVMe SSD in the first M.2 slot?
No other M.2 or SATA drives installed?

I’ve tried the SSD on second and third slot, It’s currently back on second. First slot Is my boot drive where I have windows Installed. At side from that no other drive.

Okay, try this one …

Problem solved … or did you give up the fight ?

Sorry, haha, been busy with work to reply. But I did try… I have not given up. In the BIOS there Is not an option for PCIEX16 Bifurcation. The closest thing Is PCIEX16 Configuration but doesn’t give me the same type of settings. I checked every setting to see If It’s there. Nothing. Not sure why. I really appreciate the help and hope to get this fixed.

I have a question though … how do those two slots after the main one get power? Does the entire motherboard get power from the same connections? I know those two slots share bandwidth with GPU which Is why I ask. I haven’t noted that currently because of GPU shortage I had to buy another CPU with Integrated graphics. So I’m not using a GPU. Could this be anything to do with It? Does the GPU connectors give those slots power? Or are they powered from same source as first slot?

You might find the answers here …