WD 4TB red pro beeping sound

hello

i have my new pc sice yesterday with HDD " WD 4TB red pro ".
is this normal that it makes a beeping sound afther a couple seconds all the time.
here is a video maybe this will help to tell me if this is normal otherwise i gona ask a replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TG3ZbllkiQ

It is a feature and a PIA, I got rid of them and went back to my 2016 Red’s but I read some newer Red’s are also loud.

In the past if a HDD made that noise it was error correction trying to read bad sectors so time to backup and replace.

I have 2 (probably last ones made going by date on sticker) 1TB VRaptors (new last month as still sealed till then) and they are quieter than the Red Pro’s idle/running/seeking and overall and far cooler.

I have had many HDD’s over the years from the complete Raptor 10k rpm range and my current 2016 Red 5.4k rpm’s all others were 7.2k rpm models but none were/are as loud as the Red Pro’s dated Dec 2017 build date.

Would seem by reading here and web WD drives are not the same quality as older drives with a of failures.

ok but a click every 5 seconds is weird i turned my HDD back today with shipping so probanly got a new one in the next days

Did you even look at LINK in my post above?

The noise is normal and yes its a PIA that I could not put up with, that noise aside the drives are still loud and hot, I have had older Blacks that were better.

yes i read it , but it was too late.
my package was already shipped , only thing i can do is wait and see if they send me a new one or let me know its normal.
on another forum they said to me i need to send them back and a friend says he never had a drive that does that and not normal.
but i also received a mail from WD with links
here i can read it’s a damage on HDD
and here i can read what sounds a normal drive makes

so the WD red pro is the only hdd thats making that ticking sound ?
our WD red making no sound but are slower ?

Going by this forum and Google a lot of newer WD drives are hot and louder be it RED’s/RED PRO’s/BLACK’s or GOLD’s

I have read that some peeps have newer RED’s that make this noise but I cannot say for sure as my RED’s are from 2016 and near silent.

Most peeps will say this noise is not normal and the HDD is broken as normally that would be true in days gone by due to error correction trying to re-read bad sectors (nearly the exact same noise) but now its a noise due to the feature I linked you to so they are ignorant to this.

beep is a click , but thanks for the info and help , will update it here probably this midweek

i got a new HDD 4tb red pro back from rma but it makes the same sound when it’s working.

i don’t need this because the click makes me crazy . im gona send this back and buy a other one does the black 7200 rpm 4tb or the red (WD40EFRX) also makes that sound.?

As I said before my 2016 Reds do not but I read here and on Google searches the newer batches may do so (not 100% sure on that).

AFAIK the new Blacks will do so, I could not live with that noise.

Did WD send you a new HDD or a recertified HDD as they normally do (not acceptable IMO)?