Warranty nightmare

I have two surveillance 4-bay NAS with RE4 disks (now RE series). 2 years ago we relocated with our family from Finland to Singapore as expats. NAS and hard drives followed us. We bought more WDC products in Singapore and had to replace a bad sector drive there. Now after we moved back to Finland one drive more failed due to bad sectors.

WDC support is giving me a big headache since my profile is registered in Singapore. They refuse to move my profile back to Finland without me giving proof of purchase of each individual product bought in Singapore. So now I am in this crazy situation where I live physically in Finland, the hard drive for RMA was bought in Finland, but it shows as Out of Region for warranty because my profile is still set in Singapore!

Insanity! Why this local warranty thing? Should be global, people move, we are not in 19th century. Anyone else had this issue? How to bring some sense to WDC Support?

Hi,

As far as I know the proof of purchase(copy of the receipt) is required in order to replace an “out of region” unit. I would recommend that you contact the Store where you purchased the drives from, to see if they can send a copy of the receipt or any documentation related to it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.