Viewing WD Cloud shared images in browser

Hi guys,

I just got a WD Cloud Mirror 6TB and am trying to get used to it. I was hoping (among other things) to replace my dropbox use-cases, such as sharing in-the-cloud resources with other people easily. I am however having some difficulties. Basically, there are 2 issues I need help with:

1. Sharing an image. Using the WD My Cloud app for Mac, I right-click an image, Copy Link and then send that link to someone else. However, upon accessing the image in a browser, the user is immediatelly presented the option to download. Apparently, the WD server is not setting the correct mime-type (looks like it) and so the browser doesn’t know we’re talking about a file for which it has a valid viewer built-in. Is there any way to overcome this? It’s really annoying.

2. The bigger problem, sharing a folder filled with images. Wanting to share a particular photos folder with someone is a pretty common use-case for me. However, sending them a link to that folder presents them with the option to download the contents of the folder as a zip file. Its better than nothing, granted, but it’s not really an option I’m confortable with. I would very much prefer the user being presented with an html “gallery” to browse through the images without downloading everything.

Thanks in advance,

Radu.

After some investigation for problem 1, I found the issue: it’s adding “Content-Disposition:attachment” which forces the browser to just present the “Save As” dialog. Is there any way to override this (rather silly if you ask me) behaviour?

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Personal Cloud Ideas

Regards,

Thanks, I’ll do that.