Video not Synchronising to MyCloud home drive

I was just double checking my backup files and I’ve noticed that the phone app hasn’t been automatically uploading the videos from my phone since March 15th. Its only been doing photo only since then. anyone else had this problem?

3 Likes

WD servers were down from Apr 2 to Apr 10, 2023 might have something to do with it. Ensure a good connection to WiFi that is local to the MCH and restart iOS or Android mobile app and chances are the sync will catch up to the video files. There are no problems with video sync, at least not small video files.

i know servers were down but doesn’t explain the videos between 15th march to 1th April and 10th April to present not syncing luckily I’ve noticed and manually uploaded the missing ones but photos are all synced okay, its just the videos for some strange reason

1 Like

There are no problems with video sync, at least not small video files.

There may not be anything strange at all, even icloud has problems with large video files which may or may not be the problem here with MCH, but we may never know because of the lack of description.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253538976

I’m having the same problem
Video aren’t sync even just a 15s long video

1 Like

I see . the last time video sync for me was March 15th all video after then i had to manually upload

2 Likes

I am getting similar issue. When i upgrade my Samsung Edge to Samsung S23 Ultra it stopped uploading video only it upload image. I tried all option but no luck. I upgrade my mobile in Mid Jan 23

1 Like

I am also facing same issue not able to sync video after upgrading to samsung s23 ultra. Could you pls look this issue

1 Like

May have to try an older version of My Cloud Home mobile app to see if something has changed. I am still using 4.19.0… and don’t see a good reason to update unless they publish a reasonable description of the change logs.

My Cloud 4.22.0.2041
    XAPK APKs
    79.5 MB Mar 16, 2023

Old Versions of My Cloud

Download
My Cloud 4.21.0.2038
XAPK APKs
80.1 MB Mar 2, 2023
Download
My Cloud 4.21.0.2038
APK
170.6 MB Feb 28, 2023
Download
My Cloud 4.20.1.2018
XAPK APKs
79.9 MB Dec 20, 2022
Download
My Cloud 4.20.1.2018
APK
170.5 MB Dec 14, 2022

I’ve had a similar issue using my ibi with my pixel 7 pro ever since the server hack. Before the hack, my videos (no matter the size) would backup. Now I can’t even get a 10 MB video to backup. Note, all photos do backup.

I’m not sure if it is the hack though, as I did install the Android Security April 2023 update during when the servers were down, so maybe something changed with the update.

Also, for me I don’t think it’s a backup issue because if I manually try to upload videos using the ibi android app, it doesn’t even detect any videos on my phone. It’s like it can’t recognize mp4 files. Videos that were already on my ibi are still there though. Also, if I try to upload videos from my PC it works fine. Just android app that is broken. I’ve also tried restarting phone, deleting and reinstalling app, log in log out, delete cache/storage, force stop, etc. No difference.

I’ve contacted WD and they asked for my ibi logs and said everything looks okay and then asked for my ibi app logs and said they couldn’t work on the problem right now…whatever that means…It’s been at least 10 days since I’ve heard from them, and I’ve asked for another response and escalated the issue, but have heard nothing back.

Please contact WD customer service, as I think this is a wide spread issue with latest Android app/security update. I think once more people update to April 2023 security update and/or latest app they will start noticing this issue. The my cloud and ibi apps are very similar, so hopefully similar issues.

that makes sense now videos did stop syncing from that update. Didn’t noticed it had updated on that day. My missus Apple app is okay so it must be an android app problem.

I just uninstalled the current version and install a previous version below 4.19 and tested it. The video sync works again. so its a problem with the current android app version.

Download My Cloud Home 4.19.0.1954 for Android | Uptodown.com

1 Like

Installing the same app version as you, except for the ibi app worked for me too! Thanks!

Did you try installing any newer version except the latest? I tried SanDisk ibi 4.21.0.2037 and it did not correct the issue.

I don’t use the ibi app sorry. best bet maybe try a few more older versions? if it doesn’t work then it something on the server side which then can’t be helped. My Cloud Home one worked because it was an app problem with the current version.

Sorry for the confusion, if I install the same previous version as you for the ibi app, everything is fixed.

However, the 4.19 version is pretty old (from 2022), so I was wondering how you picked that version, and if you tried any newer versions?

I picked that version for My Cloud Home because @NoPlex above said it was still working for him so I gave it a try. was just a hit and miss attempt

Updated to second newest 4.20.1.2018 and it works too.

2 Likes

SanDisk ibi Old Versions APK Download (apkpure.com)
found this link for the ibi app previous versions if you haven’t found it yet

Yes thanks I already installed old ibi version and it fixed the issue! Ive created a ticket with western digital to have them try to fix this issue.

that’s good, lets hope the next update fixes this problem