Video not Synchronising to MyCloud home drive

SanDisk ibi 4.20.1.2017 (December 2022) android app version also does not have the video issue. So something broke between this version and SanDisk ibi 4.21.0.2037 (March 1st 2023) update.

However, my issue did not appear on the latest version of the ibi app right away. It wasn’t until after the server hack (~April 10th) that the issue appeared. I also updated to the latest Android security patch (April 2023) during that time, so maybe it’s some combination.

But to summarize, I think if you are on the latest android mycloud/ibi app and maybe on the March/April 2023 Android security update, you may be experiencing issues with backing up videos.

16th march… Its something they’ve done on 16th march… Everything before was fine.

Got updated back to 4.22.0.2041 (aprils version) accidentally and it works even better now… After syncing, it doesn’t even exist. Photo and video , worst than the March version :joy: had to uninstall and reinstall 4.20.1.2018

1 Like

What a mess. WD did finally get back to me and said they have escalated the issue and are working on it, but no promises.

Western Digital My Cloud OS 5, My Cloud Home, SanDisk ibi and WD Cloud Mobile and Web App Update

WDC Tracking Number: WDC-23004
Product Line: My Cloud, My Cloud Home, My Cloud Home Duo, SanDisk ibi, and WD Cloud
Published: March 5, 2023

Last Updated: March 24, 2023

Description

Western Digital My Cloud, My Cloud Home, SanDisk ibi and WD Cloud mobile and web apps have been updated to help improve the security of your devices and data.

Product Impact

Minimum Fix Version

Last Updated

ibi App - Android

4.21.0 or later

March 01, 2023

ibi App - iOS

4.21.0 or later

March 01, 2023

My Cloud Home App - Android

4.21.0 or later

March 01, 2023

My Cloud Home App - iOS

4.21.0 or later

March 01, 2023

My Cloud OS 5 App - Android

4.21.0 or later

March 01, 2023

My Cloud OS 5 App - iOS

4.21.0 or later

March 01, 2023

WD Cloud App - Android

4.21.0 or later

March 01, 2023

WD Cloud App - iOS

4.21.0 or later

March 01, 2023

ibi Web App

4.26.0-6126

March 08, 2023

My Cloud Home Web App

4.26.0-6126

March 08, 2023

My Cloud Web App

4.26.0-6126

March 08, 2023

WD Cloud Web App

4.26.0-6126

March 08, 2023

Users of the mobile apps should promptly update the apps to reflect the latest changes. The web apps have automatically been updated.

Advisory Summary

Addressed a security concern where a device API endpoint was missing access controls. Due to a permissive CORS policy and missing authentication requirement for private IPs, a remote attacker could obtain device information by convincing a victim user to visit an attacker-controlled server and issue a cross-site request. This was addressed by enforcing token-based authentication on the corresponding endpoint to avoid unauthorized information disclosures.

CVE Number: CVE-2023-22813

I have three different Sony Xperia phones and Synchronisation do not work as expected. it seems like a loop and there is a difference between mobile network and wifi. i tried reboot mycloudex2ultra, firmware 5.26.300 and the phones. with wifi the last backup picture is from 28.3.2023. with mobile network 5G it works really slow and takes hours, any ideas? app version 4.22.0.2040

There is a problem with app version 4.22 and it doesn’t update photo or properly. uninstall current and try a previous version.

The Link to the latest ones that works for me is shown on my April 26th posts above app versions 4.19 and 4.20.

1 Like

I have a solution, use a different folder/share for the backup.

i use my cloud os 5 but i think it’s the same problem.

works only if the backup is not interrupted :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’ve got a WD 4100ex and I just realized my videos from my Android phone do not auto sync onto the NAS. I’m only getting photos, and trying to revert to an older version (4.21) of the app is asking for some security code that’s not available on the 4100 so I can’t even do that. I hope a fix is in the works for this bug. I’m currently on Android 13, using a Oneplus 10 Pro. Good thing my photos are going to google cloud, as I had to free up space on the device and deleted some videos off the device and realized it’s not on my NAS, but did make it up to the cloud.

Revert further back. Am using 4.20

I tried both 4.21 and 4.20 and it asks for the security code that doesn’t exist. Once I install 4.22 it doesn’t ask for the code.

Only thing I can say is to please create a ticket with WD. I’ve done so already two months ago and still no updates.

I have a feeling as more and more people update their apps and android OS and start to realize their videos have not been backed up for months, this is going to be a big issue for WD.

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is Emma D.

I understand that you are facing issues with your My Cloud Ex4100 device, you are unable to sync videos using the mobile app. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I am here to assist you.

Please allow me to inform you that we have escalated this issue to our engineering department for further review, analysis and issue duplication. Any fix would come in the form of an over the air device app, software or firmware update. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a schedule as to when a release will occur.

We appreciate your patience and understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

I had sent a ticket a few weeks back, it seems they’ve acknowledged the problem but no idea when a fix will be available. Just sending an update to this thread.

So weird thing happened. I accidently updated to the latest ibi app again. The video upload problem is now fixed for me. The only thing that has changed was being on the the June Android update (issue started occurring while i was on March or April update). So it looks like whatever was broken might have been fixed with the May or June Android update. I’m not sure if it was May or June Android update that fixed this, since I didn’t update to the latest ibi app again until June. It also still appears to be resolved after I updated to the July Android update.

Anyone else seeing this issue fixed on the June/July Android update?

Are you talking about the Sandisk IBI when you’re referring to the latest ibi app? I’m just using the Wd Mycloud app to sync with the WD NAS and I’m on June security update.

Yeah, SanDisk ibi. I believe they are basically the same app, with MyCloud having a few additional features.

Do you know when your issue started occurring? Which anndroid update were you on? When you go to manually import photos/videos using the mycloud app, are videos even shown for you to select? Not sure you have the same issue as me, but my ibi app wasn’t even recognizing any videos on my phone, so I couldn’t even manually select them for upload.

I only got the NAS in May, so I’ve only had it for a few months and it’s never worked since I got it set up. The WD app does recognize my videos, however, but can’t play all of them. Some of them work, others it prompts me to use another app because it can’t decode the audio.

Got it. Sounds like a different issue than mine then. And yeah, a lot of video formats like HEVC ones won’t play natively on Android without an app that decode them. For example, the high efficiency format for iphone videos won’t play natively on Android.

Just because this thread pops up first when googling for this problem, I’ll add that the app downgrade to 2.40.1 helped with my issue that NO files (not only video) would upload to my My Cloud EX2 Ultra.