Very fast transfer speed (58.6 MB/s)

Tony, I am reading the “current” column which says that it is 107.  The value for the “raw” column was 45 and the “Worst” was 99.   These are WD red drives that were preinstalled in the unit.  Should I be worried?

I think the RAW column is the actual value. Mine reads 108 under current and 42 under RAW. My drives are not 108… That’s hotter than boiling and would severely burn skin. :slight_smile:

(1) EX2 → PC

RAID 0 + SMB2

read.png

(2) PC → EX2

RAID 0 + SMB2

write.png

Router : ASUS RT-AC66R

Line : CAT6

PC : Intel E3-1230V2 + RAM 16GB + SAMSUNG 128GB 840PRO SSD

Mine is Superfast!

Thanks WSGVET!! Wow, that IS superfast!! Will keep this in mind if and when I add a second disk…might just format both drives then and convert to RAID 0. I don’t care about loss of fault tolerance…don’t have that now either with my JBOD mode. I guess the speed gain over JBOD is balanced out by loss of a little bit of storage space, as I think in RAID 0, you don’t get all the available space of the two drives…you lose some of it…but that would be ok. I do have a question for you though - did you buy yours diskless? And if so, what drives did you put in? I’m curious to know if the speeds were impacted by you putting in some fast drives like WD Black drives, which wouldn’t be good for a NAS environment. But if you either put in WD Red drives…or just bought them pre-loaded with the default Red drives, then your speeds are all the more impressive. Please let me know this info. And thanks for your post. I am glad you and others have shared their positive speed experiences of the EX2 on this post. So now there is a slightly more balanced picture of the speeds, because I got tired of seeing folks grumbling about slow speed :slight_smile:

I bought pre-loaded 2TB + 2TB product.

WD RED HARD.

And RAID0, RAID1, JBOD speed is almost same.

read : 90~100MB/s

write : 50~70MB/s

Thanks, that helps in understanding your setup a bit more. My guess is that your ASUS RT-AC66R is making the real difference. I’ve been holding back on upgrading my router to an AC router, but I’ll have to put router on the planned replacements now. Since my highest speed N router from Netgear was already gigabit, I didn’t think I could get much improvement for wired connections by moving to an AC router, because I thought the only improvement would be on the wireless side. But now I realize that the benefit of a faster chipset does seem to make a difference even with wired connections. I already had the same ASUS router you have along with Netgear’s top AC router on my shortlist for many months. So when I do buy, it’ll come down to one of these two.

Interesting to know you have got comparable speeds between RAID0, RAID1 and JBOD. Thanks again for sharing these very helpful info.

also mine show 0rpm

Hi,

you have the same error that I have on my EX2…

Vist: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/Question-regarding-the-FAN-used-by-WD-My-Cloud-EX2/m-p/771843/highlight/true#M881