Various MyCloud Issues

Ok, so I am having several issues with my MyCloud EX2 Ultra and I have tried to do tech support through WD in chat and waited for 30 minutes and didn’t even get to talk to anyone. Anyway, I figured instead of making individual posts I would just do it all in one, and if anyone is able to help I would appreciate it greatly!

1 When I go into the dashboard it only shows me how much storage it has free and I want to get it back to where it would give me a breakdown of like how many gigs of photos, documents, music, and so on I have (please see the screenshots attached). Did they take that away with the latest update and if not how do I change it?

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 1.02.03 PM

2 I was trying to send someone a folder of photos I have in my public folder that has public access turned on but every time I try and send it It only gives me the option to send via email, text, or airdrop but when I go into the settings of my mac I have the copy link turned on so I don’t understand why it doesn’t give me that option. But if I try and email them I get the message that the attachment is too large (screenshot attached) so I am assuming it is trying to send it as an attachment instead of a link. Is there a way I can send them the link and use my drive as the server instead of something like Google Drive or DropBox?

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 1.09.40 PM
Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 1.08.42 PM

3 So I was looking into the dropbox app for my MyCloud and I didn’t find a lot of info but I know you can use it to back up your files from your MyCloud to dropbox but can you do it the other way? Kind of like with number 2 if I add files to the dropbox folder will they show up in the dropbox app where I can send them a link to it or is that not what it is used for and if that can be done instead of having them actually uploaded to the dropbox can I use the MyCloud and kind of just have dropbox as the middle man so to speak. Basically, I only have 2gbs of dropbox storage and it’s not enough but I don’t want to pay for more storage especially when I have an 8tb MyCloud.

Again thank you in advance!

I will give a try;

1. Yup. . . OS/5 got rid of the donunt and a bunch of other useful features.

2. So. . . .you are trying to give someone access to a folder on your NAS? Is this person not in your house? (not on home network). . . . . .ooh boy. . . . long topic.

From your picture. . . it looks like you are trying to email an entire 549mb folder.

Short Answer: In the WD world, you have to give them a “share”. . .and through the OS/5 cloud world, you have to give them an “account” on your NAS. . .and that “account” would have access permissions to certain shares.

Real Short Answer: If we are only talking 549mb. . . .dropbox is the answer (i.e. don’t use the NAS)

Long Answer: TL;DW (too long; didn’t write)

1. No clue. I trust automatic backup apps as far as I can throw them.
    I do drag-drop backups

Thank you that was helpful!

1 That’s what I was afraid of.

2 I do photography and I don’t want to give clients access to my NAS or give them a share so I guess I will have to buy more dropbox storage.

3 It would be really cool if we could use the dropbox app as like a gateway so to speak to send photos from the NAS. As of right now the dropbox app does me no good because I have 2gbs of dropbox storage and about 4tbs worth of storage on my NAS.

The doughnut chart was removed from OS5. However, I’m working on an app to change that, and much more.

HELL YES!!! Please do! If you are looking for suggestions for app features let me know.

As a matter of fact, I will be looking for suggestions and feedback, and should have a few things ready for beta testing in a week or two.