Username & Password

Does anyone know how to reset the password for Network Share login? I tried to do it by resetting to factory default and put in a new password and username but when I try to activate the network share, I get Invalid username and password message. My old password comes back in the box. and it still will not let me into my network. I also turned on auto and it still does not work.  I also added the new revision today and this may be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.    

nick6063 wrote:

Does anyone know how to reset the password for Network Share login? I tried to do it by resetting to factory default and put in a new password and username but when I try to activate the network share, I get Invalid username and password message. My old password comes back in the box. and it still will not let me into my network. I also turned on auto and it still does not work.  I also added the new revision today and this may be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.    

Reset the unit via the side button and recycle the power. It may overcome your problem.

Thanks rich UK.  Just tried this but to no avail. Does anyone have more ideas?  I think what I need to do is match the network username/password to match what is on the computer. But I don’t know how to do this. I am running Windows 7.  I just can’t enter into the network on my computer. When I try to change the password on the WD Live unit the old password keeps coming up and I can’t seem to change it. I have no idea what the old password is! It has more characters than what I ever put in when I set up the unit. There must be a way to delete the old password and start over to set it up from scratch!

Home-Settings-Clear login info for network share.

That’s one option.

The other option is to do a factory default.

Thanks drabisan!  Tried this befor I posted this thread. It also did not solve the problem.

nick6063 wrote:

I have no idea what the old password is! It has more characters than what I ever put in when I set up the unit. There must be a way to delete the old password and start over to set it up from scratch!

Even when you put a short password in, the display shows a long string of stars afterwards.  It’s no indication of the real password length.  

Finally found out the problem ! I went to the network shares on the computer and found that all the homegroup sharing settings had been changed. This is why username and password did not work. I suspect the revision update may had something to do with this. But I am not sure.  Thanks for your replys.  Nick 

can you say what you changed it too im having the same problen

With your WD TV remote control Go to SETUP , SYSTEM, DEVICE RESET  and reset back to factory Unit will restart and  you’ll be able to go to NETWORK SHARES with username ANONYMUS and no password needed.

I have WD TV Live Hub+WD Livewire and this solved my Invalid username or password nightmare I also had before.

Make sure in Windows or other OS you have your media in Shared folders or in My Network Places or assign a folder

or a Drive as Shared on the network.  (right click on Folder select Sharing an Security and check the box Share this folder on the network)  Hope I hepled.  

:slight_smile: