Network share folder invalid password?

I have the new WD TV Live Hub. I am trying to setup “Sync content from network share” in the settings>operations menu. When I select setup sync process and select my desktop computer it wants a password. I don’t have a password on the system. I have already added “Everyone” to the shares on the desktop. When I enter a name and password it says invalid.  I am running windows 7 32 bit. I have other computers in the home that connect via network share to the desktop. I also can connect to it from my PS3 with no issues. How do I tell the WD TV that I don’t have a password?Please help!!! This is the whole reason I got this thing. Thanks.

Simple.  You don’t use a password.  :)  Just use the default username of “anonymous” and leave the password blank.  (Disregard the dots in the field; they don’t mean anything.)

If THAT doesn’t work, it could be that you have Windows Live Essentials or Windows Live Sign-In Assistant installed, and that breaks the Hub’s ability to connect to it.    A fix for that is not too far away.

Ok. If I uninstall the windows things you said will it work? I am uninstalling the windows live. I will let you know. I don’t understand why a program like that would block the shares. I can access them from any other computer.

asilver1982 wrote:

Ok. If I uninstall the windows things you said will it work?

HOPEFULLY…   Many people are able to successfully uninstall that and everything is OK.    SOME People don’t get it to work afterwords, and wind up having to do a “Rollback” to Windows before it got installed.

IT WORKED!!!

I would have never thought of that. I work for a big box retailer that repairs pcs, that would have never crossed my mind. Do you know why that blocks the device? I do like the windows live tools though

Microsoft changed the security mechanisms with Live installed, and the older versions of SAMBA did not support them.

WD has upgraded SAMBA in the latest release for the Live / Live+, so it now works.

Does anybody have this issue of invalid username and password when setting up a connection with mac running on os x 10.5.8?

So are you saying it should work with the MS Live stuff installed?

asilver1982 wrote:

Yes.  1.04.10 works with MS Live stuff installed.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

asilver1982 wrote:

Yes.  1.04.10 works with MS Live stuff installed.

Not forgetting that this board is for the Live Hub and Tony is only referring to the Live and Live Plus with the latest firmware.