USB keyboard support. Only US layout?

Hi,

just tried to connect an USB keyboard to the TV live and worked immediately (currently at 1.03.43)

But although I looked around within in the setup menus I couldn’t find how to set the correct layout for the USB keyboard. Mine is German, so it’s not easy to work with keys showing German umlauts but have an US layout underneath.

Is there any trick or is it at least planned in a released version of the firmware to support more keyboard layouts?

Thx in advance,

I don’t think WD has put any information on this out yet… You should really have a US keyboard anyway since many, MANY, devices accept US only. It s ucks for those not in the states, but blame your government for not adopting American English as your official language :robotwink:

Even with a US keyboard, is it possible on the WD TV Live to get accented letters in American English words like résumé or the umlauts in the name of the American band Mötley Crüe?

@Ardvark: As you can see in WDC’s annual report 2010 at page 71

https://materials.proxyvote.com/Approved/958102/20100916/AR_67523/HTML2/western_digital-ar2010_0072.htm

WDC’s net revenue in Europe + Middle East + Africa is higher than in US, so it might be wise to care about the European customers where the QWERTZ keyboards are standard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qwertz

Ardvark wrote:

I don’t think WD has put any information on this out yet… You should really have a US keyboard anyway since many, MANY, devices accept US only. It s ucks for those not in the states, but blame your government for not adopting American English as your official language :robotwink:

Well, reading your lines, I suddenly remember the words of an American HP-UX trainer at HP in Boeblingen/Germany, when he said: “Americans only speak two languages: American English and Profanity” … :stuck_out_tongue:

So I’m glad living in Germany… :smiley:

Cheers,

Zap

Ardvark wrote:

Hurry: Go and hide! You said that and there is no way back! :smiley:

Aka, shame on you man. :robotindifferent:

I speak my local language + english with caucasian ppl (like americans say).

In other languages there are more words for everything than in english. I think it makes speaking more precise.

Idea to WD bill_s :

When using YouTube there are videos with non english letters. How to find them?

I’d like to use my keyboard also, but the letters are not supported (my keyboard layout isn’t supported).