Upgrade drives in my older 6TB G|Raid device

Hey guys, I looked through as best I could, but all I could find were questionable choices of upgrades for the 4TB, like they were at their limit. Being that I have two 3TB drives, could I swap in two 8TB drives? The model is GRADNB60002BAB, I have the serial if its needed. The current drives died about a year ago, and this has been in the closet for a long time. The back connectors are usb 2.0, Firewire 800 and eSata. I use the eSata connection on this. Thanks for any help.

P.S. also has the numbers 0G01975… Don’t know if that helps identify the model also or not.

We never put drives over 4TB in the USB 2.0 model enclosures but it should still work. We just don’t have support for it.

So I know you don’t support it, but if I’m ok with the speed of the eSata connection, there shouldn’t be anything limiting, say like 2 8TB drives? Thanks for your help.

if you use eSATA then it goes off the controller on the computer so it would be related to what that controller supports.

Is there anything I need to do to reinitialize it after replacing the drives? THere has never been any software for my drives that I know of. Thanks…

That version of the G-RAID was not able to be configured it was set as RAID0 out of the box.

Just to let everyone know, 2x8TB drives worked just fine. I forgot that I wasn’t using a esata card, but rather esata to sata port on the board, so after I hooked up and looked in the case, I realized this and had to restart with the drive plugged in ;p derpa…