Update to a previous post

Hi,

I had originally posted a question about running Microsoft Dynamics RMS 2.0 Point of Sale at this post :

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-Sentinel-Products/Pre-sale-Quetion/m-p/730874/highlight/true#M2499

After a lot of researching and talking with Micrososft we actually had no problems at all in transferring the data from an old XP server over to a DS5100 after installing the RMS 2.0 headquarters and client software on it. We replaced all the equipment the customer had to brand new  ASUS H87I-PLUS LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard With UEFI BIOS installed and upgraded to windows 8.1 and everything is running like a champ.  We’ve enen installed AVG Cloudcare and are backing up the backup to the clouds for added assurance.  Keep in mind that this is not a multiple store operation.  There are only at this time two Point of Sale terminals classifing this as a smaill business.

The only complaint I have recieved from the customer is that they had to do a double take when running up sales because the process is now really, really fast. (We are utilizing both ethernet connections)

We really fell in love with the DS5100 and feel it is perfect for small to medium business expecially small and would recommend this again for small one store retailers and single offices.

1 Like

I am most glad to read your experience has been mostly positive.

Regards,