Unable to use New My Passport Ultra

Hello,

This is my first post, and I must admit, I feel pretty dumb right now. I had a WD Passport which was dropped and is out trying to be repaired. To finish my work, I purchased the My Passport Ultra.

I work between 2 Mac’s and need to carry my photos from one to the next. I have installed drivers and apps (on the first computer), been through the user manuals, yet still cannot place any data on the drive. I can’t make new folders or drag and drop my photography.

How do I make the device workable? Do I have to go through with reformating it? Will it then be able to work on PC and Mac if needed?

After installing all the ‘stuff’ that came on the drive, my icon on my desktop went from orange, to now grey with a green to red dial, is that normal?

My old Passport HD I never had any issues. Plug and play!

Thanks in advance!

:laughing: NM, figured it out!

Hello,

The Passport Ultra comes formatted NTFS for Windows in order to use it on a Mac you need to format it as HFS

How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows (8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP) and Mac OSX

1 Like

HI,

I just got the same WD Ultra and am having the same issue. How did you figure it out? I cant make new folders or drag my files on to it. What did you do to fix it? HELP HELP HELP PLEASE!!

Thanks!

Hi ! Did you find a solution for this?