Unable to Uprade Firmware to 02.43.09 -038: Error 30005

wdlive76

Thanks for the advice.   Debrick Guide 2 seems the right one for my 3TB MBL.  Is that correct?

Now, the Guides begin with the following warning: 

“Be aware that this will void your warranty and is only to be used as a last resort when you have no dashboard or SSH” (my emphasis)

Now, I have some Dashboard functions (all, in fact, except the settings menu) and I have SSH working perfectly. 

Are there some debricking options that I’m missing, which are used in non “last resort” situations with Dashboard or SSH?  For instance, since I can communicate with the drive via ssh, is there a command that I can do from the Debrick guides or elsewhere that will, for example, roll back my firmware to an earlier version, and then reset the drive so that I can then roll forward to the current version?  Your suggestion seems to imply that all I need to do is reinstall the firmware, but I can’t see this option in the debrick guide. 

I have tried installing Firmware Version 02.11.09 – 053 which  according to WD is the minimum starting version for the current install, but I just get a 200 Error in SSH -

error="failed 200 \"invalid firmware package\""

I seem to need to rollback my current firmware version first in some way to avoid this error.

Sorry if I’ve missed something obvious.

Thanks again,

Righeaon