Unable to access data in MyBookLive

I have a MyBookLive device, which is not supported any more. However, I have a lot of personal data in the device and in the last few weeks, I am unable to access the data in the device. The status light on the device is RED and the shares are not accessible either from Mac or Windows.
When I open the MyBookLive UI, I see an error shown saying “Data Volume failed to mount”.
I am a reasonably technical user and can troubleshoot with some help.
Can some one please help me with steps to recover the data? Seems like there could be some corruption of the logical volume and I may have to fix the logical volume or file system.
Thanks!

Hi @prak_s,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Thanks Keerti, I did.
They simply wrote back saying the product is out of support and they cannot help.

Regadrs,
Prakash.

If the hard disk is still working, you can try to extract the disk from the box and connect it through an USB->Sata adapter to a PC with a Linux OS.
Then you can mount it and check if file sysrem can be recovered.

Thanks, I will try that. I am able to ssh into the MBL but the partition appears to be corrupted.