tvOS VLC SMB login issues

I am trying to log into my home drive using VLC on my AppleTV.

The drive is seen but when I try to log in nothing happens. I am first asked for login and password. I give the one I use to gain access to drive on all my other devices (not using VLC but WD softwares ) and have drives the DOMAIN;username format asked for. Instead of logging me in I get another login screen asking for port and workgroup. I have tried port 445 but get the first login screen again.

What am I doing wrong?

John

There is nothing wrong with VLC or the My Cloud Home (MCH). With VLC, go to network setup, scroll to the bottom and see the SMB mounts on the lower left, below other uPNP drives. Pick the correct MCH and set up the SMB with port 445, user name and password (not the one signing into the webapp or mobile app, but the enabled local user and password). If you haven’t done the enable local pw, set it up in the webapp through settings, management, or alternatively through direct ip of the MCH.

MCH enable local access by ip

That did it. Thank you so much. WAs definitely not intuitive, especially granting local access.

Now I just need to figure out how to use this remotely. So when I visit my daughter I can show her the video of last trip.

Also next project is get Plex to work.

Again thanks

John