TuneIn Broken

Just did the latest upgrade to hopefully fix dropped audio on the analog outputs.  Didn’t work.  But now TuneIn radio is broken.  A few minutes after the random screen saver starts, while listening to a station, the box hard crashes and reboots. Happened twice within an hour of upgrading. 

And to save you the trouble, turning off the screen saver is not an option. 

Sounds like a little more beta testing and a little less adding features might be a good idea. 

Ugh, spell checker… TuneIn Radio, not Tune. 

Have you tried resetting to factory defaults.

No.  Why would I want to do that?  Go through all that set up again?  No way. 

RadioRay wrote:

Why would you want to do that - to try and fix the problem. Resetting to factory defaults is recommended after doing any FW update.

Wow, you really start with a fresh install everytime Windows does an upgrade?  I don’t think so.  If these boxes really want us to start from scratch for every update, there’s a serious design flaw somewhere.

Ray, sorry that I have no real advice for you but just to add some data, I have done the upgrade and am not having any issues with TuneIn which I do use regularly.

I would probably try a reset as recomended above.  yes itt’s a pain, but if you want to t-shoot the problem, it would be the next step.

Good luck

-P

RadioRay wrote:

Wow, you really start with a fresh install everytime Windows does an upgrade?  I don’t think so.  If these boxes really want us to start from scratch for every update, there’s a serious design flaw somewhere.

That’s a red herring and you know it…   about the dumbest comparison I’ve ever seen.

Doing a reset of a media player takes maybe 5 mintues.  Sheesh.

RadioRay wrote:

• *> It takes me less than ten minutes to setup all of the options on the Hub after I’ve done a factory reset. Personally spending less than 10 minutes to try and solve the problem would be my first step. If you can’t afford ten minutes then fell free to ignore this advice.

RadioRay wrote:

Your choice, however you may want to do it because its you who have the problem. There is no guarantee that it will solve your problem but its about the only thing you can do. Anyway if it does not work you could always look forward to venting your anger on us.:wink:

RadioRay wrote:

Start from scratch, fresh install. Do you know what reset to defaults does?