Transferring JBOD to RAID 1 without data loss

Background:
I have a WD My Cloud Mirror I bought back in 2014 which, while not the best of products, works well enough to serve my needs. It has space for two hard drives.

1. I had two 3TB hard drives in raid 1.
  2. One of the 3TB failed, so I replaced it with an 8TB which was partitioned to 3TB, that worked fine.
  3. I decided to upgrade to a second 8TB HD so I bought one and replaced the 3TB.
  4. WDMycloudMirror is dumb, so it treated both 8TBs as 3TBs and had no option to reformat to an 8 TB option by transferring the data around, just an option to create another logical drive which did not suit my purposes.
  5. I converted both drives to JBOD formatting the one to read as one logical drive of 8TB and leaving the other at 3TB (actually 8TB, but you know, logically partitioned, see WDMycloudMirror is dumb above)
  6. I arduously copied every byte of data from the “3TB” drive to the newly formatted 8TB drive across my network for like 7 days.
  7. I went to change back to RAID 1 status… but it says it has to erase BOTH Hard Drives to do that.
  8. I cursed god, WD, and every programmer who ever worked there for 6 hours straight.
  9. I read every related forum message I could find with no luck.
  10. I broke down and decided to ask for help on the forms for the first time in my life, bracing against the responses of those who don’t read the question fully… Here we go…

Is there a way to get my very dumb WD My Cloud Mirror to convert from JBOD to Raid 1 status without it needlessly and stupidly erasing one of the drives (I don’t care if it erases the other drive, I just want the data on the one.)?

If there is not, how would I take information stored on a 3TB drive and copy it to the blank RAID 1 which I would have to create as a result of failing to find a “Yes” answer to Part 1 of this question? (We’re talking barney basics here, I have the drive, but no idea what I would need to purchase / do to get the data over. Options are much appreciated).

Thank you for your time and contributions

No, there isn’t any way just using the device, as the formatting of the drives are set up differently in RAID1 mode. It’s not just WD - I’ve never known any make/type of device that can switch into and out of RAID mode without a clean reset.

Your only way to do what you want is to copy the data off to a separate second device (an external USB hard drive or some suitable network/cloud storage), then reformat the MCM to RAID1 and then copy the data back again.