Transferring data directly from 'WD My Passport for Mac' onto a new windows laptop

Hi,
I have my old MacBook backed up onto a WD ‘My Passport for Mac’ external hard drive. Unfortunately, I have lost my MacBook now. I wasn’t keen to go back to a Mac and have bought a Windows based laptop now. Is there a way to restore my old mac based data present in the WD hard drive, onto my new windows laptop? I have tried various ways but have been unsuccessful.
Thank you for your help.

Hi SAnand,

If you have used Time Machine to backup the data then, you have to find the Mac computer and restore the backup using using Time Machine. After that you have to format the drive in ExFat file system in order to make the drive compatible with both Mac and windows, then simply transfer the data from your mac to the hard drive (Drag & Drop), and then plug in the drive to the windows computer and transfer the data to the computer.

Please refer to the link given below in order to know how to format the drive in ExFat.

Thanks Alex for the reply. I don’t have access to another mac. While looking on internet, I found software like HFSexplorer. Would you have any experience of that?
Regards

Hi SAnand,

Actually we haven’t tested our drives with this third party software. However, you can give it a try.