TP-Link WN821N USB Wireless modem. Anyone confirm this works?

Hi again.

Problem now sorted. The WN821 works fine. It’s the operator who needs a fix of coffee.

Hi,

I bought the WD TV Live with the hope it would work with an existing TP-Link TL-WN821N USB WiFi access point. V2.2 is suposed to be compatible but the version I have is ver 2.8.

Has anybody used this successfully with the WD TV Live? My Router is a TP-Link TD-W8960N.

Thanks.

Thank you for the feedback.

I am also having issues setting up WDTV Live to work with WN821N adapter.   Mine is Version 3.1

WDTV Live is Firmware Ver 1.04.22_V

When I connect the USB Adapter I do NOT get the Wired or Wireless setup options.   The power / connection light on the Adapter does not light up either.   I am trying to connect to a TP-Link  TL-WA901ND Wireless Access Point.

I have tried everything I can think of.   Powering on the WDTV Live with and without the USB adapter connected.

I have tried disabling all security on the WAP.

I have tried the automatic connection method of pressing the QSS button on the WAP and the USB adapter.   This did work when I had the USB adapter connected to a laptop and the QSS software was installed.   This has also confirmed that the WAP and USB adapter do work together, just not when connected to the WDTV Live.

Can anyone advise how to get the USB adapter working.

conaghan11 wrote:

I am also having issues setting up WDTV Live to work with WN821N adapter.   Mine is Version 3.1

Can anyone advise how to get the USB adapter working.

Use a supported adapter.  Version 3.1 isn’t on the list.

Thanks Tony.   Will look at alternatives.