TITAN LIVE *1.5.XX Now Available for 2.01.86*

edit   rv_gallery_browse_page.xml  (example. if you don’t want year,director,actor delete the entire code … in this example everything in BLACK)

<wrapper x=“70” w=“310” h=“26” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xCCCCCC”>
<text text=“@@genre"y=“155” bg=“1”/>
<text text=”@@totaltime"y=“175”  bg=“1”/>
</wrapper>

<wrapper x=“340” w=“250” h=“26” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xCCCCCC”>
<text text=“@@year” y=“155”  bg=“1”/>
<text text=“@@director” y=“175” bg=“1”/>
<text text=“@@actor” x=“650” y=“159” w=“550” h=“40” numlines=“2” />
</wrapper>

<text text=“@@overview” x=“70” y=“215” w=“1140” h=“180” numlines=“7” fontsize=“20” textcolor=“0xCCCCCC” bg=“1”/>
<wrapper y=“669"w=“780"h=“25” text=”@@browse_text” fontsize=“20” align=“hcenter” textcolor=“0” speed=“1” delay=“2”>
<text x=“250” bg=“1”/>
<text x=“251” bg=“1”/>
<text x="250"y=“670” bg=“1”/>
<text x="251"y=“670” bg=“1”/>
</wrapper>

etc etc …

P.S. KAD i’m assuming he wants the “Text Labels” gone as well.

I think he only wants the year, director etc only gone from the first screen when viewing genres… I dont think this can be done as the same page is used for both “by genre” and when viewing your movies (once clicked into a genre)

If the code is deleted it will be gone from all screens.

EDIT##  Ok sorry just noticed he actually does want them gone from all screens… all good :slight_smile:

KAD79 wrote:

dribbler wrote:

I updated the firmware and the only thing I can see effected is the RSS screen.

With my Titan theme every .xml file is zipped, even the unedited ones. Would that mean that when the theme is installed with the latest firmware that certain things would be getting reverted back to the older functions?

Cheers.

very possible

behavior is look for xml in theme, if found values are used from the theme xml

if xml is not found

xml from mochi firmware is used

I recently posted a stock version of current mochi theme, something I thought of, but haven’t done yet

is to run a diff of the 2 stock versions, and post the output,

when I get a chance I’ll post of diff up, so that we can see what actually changed

Yeah… I may have to get rid of the xml’s that dont actually do anything.

diff file posted, see stock mochi 2.01.86 post

Love this theme!

2 things:

1. Mine says “Temperature |” at the top - but no value. How do i fix this?

2. If i’m on the home screen (where it has movies, live etc) and then i press back one more time, the movies/live etc move to the bottom like the traditional theme and you can’t get them back to the centre.

Lovely work again, thanks.

Real Noobie here. Have just started using this theme and love it.

Just one quick question, without resorting to creating moviesheets in thumbgen, is there a way to display the file type and audio for the displayed movie i.e. -

Video - MKV, H264, AVI - etc

Audio - Digital DTS, Dolby 5.1, AC3 etc,

by using the automatic details scraping that the unit uses ?

I don’t think this is specific to Titan Live, it just shows up a little more since the images are so much larger than the stock firmware(which is a huge bonus!).

Has anyone noticed the difference between the image quality of the video image in the scan results as opposed to the what shows up in the list afterwards? I know the image size is slightly larger in the list compared to what is displayed during the scan, but it shouldn’t make that much difference, should it?

Here’s a before and after, the first image is the result of an info scan and the second is what shows up in my list of shows afterwards.

Special request :smiley:

I keep all my movies organized inside alphabetical folders (A thru Z)…

And I would like to use this image to create a folder icon:

Capture.PNG

BUt I need this image without the icon in the middle…dribbler, can you provide me the original file without the icon?

Also, what font is used in the theme?

Thanks in advance!!!

-Mike

ZubsWDTV wrote:

Me too, how do I fix? How did you ge the Youtube trailer option?  And how did you get that metadata source option?

Great theme by the way.  YOU ROCK!

User Manual

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705062.pdf

Page 98 go to AccuWeather and set your favourite city (on the home screen select “Services”)

Turn on your Media Library  Page 192   then select “Get Content Info” on your Media File Page 63

jmhenry5150 wrote:

Special request :smiley:

I keep all my movies organized inside alphabetical folders (A thru Z)…

And I would like to use this image to create a folder icon:

Capture.PNG

BUt I need this image without the icon in the middle…dribbler, can you provide me the original file without the icon?

Also, what font is used in the theme?

Thanks in advance!!!

-Mike

This isn’t the one dribbler used… but it’s pretty close

it was cut out in gimp from this background…

The font is the standard Westen Digital one … in the xml dribbler has referenced it 4 times and offset it by a couple of pixels u,d,l,r   giving it a " BOLD" appearance

Thanks Joey!

Any idea what the name of the font is?

I’ve never themed my WDTV so very much a noob, how do I do this? Just download onto a Thumb drive and plug into WDTV and select theme?

Older WD devices had a “Font Powered by Arphic”  and looking at the GPL xml for SMP

<?xml version="1.0"?>     

this is a proprietary font … and no, you can’t change text font in a theme.

What dribbler did was this eg.

<?xml version=“1.0”?>
<wrapper>
<text text=“@@info_sub” x=“720” y=“73” w=“500” h=“26” align=“right” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0xFFFFFF” bg=“1”/>
<text text=“@@pagecounter” x=“47” y=“669” w=“500” h=“26” align=“left” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0x000000” bg=“1”/>
<text text=“@@pagecounter” x=“48” y=“669” w=“500” h=“26” align=“left” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0x000000” bg=“1”/>
<text text=“@@pagecounter” x=“48” y=“670” w=“500” h=“26” align=“left” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0x000000” bg=“1”/>
<text text=“@@pagecounter” x=“47” y=“670” w=“500” h=“26” align=“left” fontsize=“18” textcolor=“0x000000” bg=“1”/>
<text text=“@@info_time” x=“1075” y=“35” w=“150” h=“44” align=“right” fontsize=“40” textcolor=“0xFFFFFF” bg=“1”/>
</wrapper>

or you can change fonts by designing graphics

eg. the title page header seen here

Updated version:smileyvery-happy:

Sweet!

Just a quick question in regards to gallery view: 

Which entry would I need to change to display the original filename at the bottom of the screen (rather then having the metadata title showing there?)

The full filename shows for a fraction of a second before the metadata imports and changes the name, and I actually prefer the full filename displaying there.

Thanks again for such a brilliant theme, and also to all the old hands for their great help as well! :slight_smile:

@jdpug

if you want the full filename with the extension displaying then you need to edit your movie xml’s

eg. inside the movie xml   

Batman Begins

to

<!title!>Batman Begins<!title!>       or you could use     Batman Begins

I use a Batch Processing program to do this for me

In this example link (it was originally for removing backdrops … but applies to title as well)

replace the word backdrop with title

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Remove-Fan-Art/m-p/559353/highlight/true#M20098

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply JoeySmyth :slight_smile:

Was hoping a line in the theme xml would save me the work, but the batch fix will be a great help, cheers mate!

The filename actually displays in the info when the file is playing, so I though I might be able to call it up somehow (@@filename maybe?). Will stop scratching my head now wiser minds have stepped in :smiley:

Thank yet again!

no probs jdpug

unfortunately it’s not a simple theme edit … Different WD Development teams designed how different views display which is why there is inconsistency between the behavior / display of views

so, it’s firmware related … And the only way is to edit the movie xml’s unfortunately (but made easier using a batch processing tool)

1 Like

Thank you very much for this beautiful theme and all the detailed work you put into it.

I just have one small suggestion regarding the appearance the dialog boxes. Since the background is a light grey colour and the text is also a light blue colour, the small contrast makes it quite difficult for some colour blind people like my father and myself to read the text. Might it be possible to change one of the colours into a darker shade?

Thanks for your consideration.

Figured I would share…

Folder Icons

Enjoy!