TITAN LIVE *1.5.XX Now Available for 2.01.86*

nmefire wrote:

Is it possible to have a background for folders or do I need to change the firmware? I am using the default firmware which was just updated last week.

well that depends on exactly what you mean by background

I’m going to guess that you’re refering to linksheets

which while possible for folders, just not there are major limitations on the SMP

if all you need is 10 backgrounds for folders, you can persue

but if you need more, you’ll have to find a way around the SMP’s limitations

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am just looking for soemthing simple. 

Folder structure is as follows:

Movies

-Westerns

-John Wayne

-Clint Eastwood

The movies, (ISO’s) are in the actors folder but I would like a backdrop for the Westerns folder which has no movie in it.

Thanks

@nmefire

As KAD79 posted above, this is possible with a linksheet theme, but on the SMP you have a limitation of 30mbs for themes, which is not much space. If you just wanted to make linksheets for genre folders such as "westerns’, you can probably fit it in. If you want to do the for all your movies, you would need to find an alternate method due to the size restriction.

Based on your Folder Structure, Linksheets would work for your genre folders and could come out pretty nice. You need to install a linksheet theme. There are several excellent Linksheet Themes you can try out. You can find info on these  and how they work in the LiveHub Theme Forum. Just remember that you are limited to the amount of sheets you can have on an SMP using the standard setup.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/bd-p/hub_themes

It takes a bit of work, but a theme and some some good looking linksheets for your genre folder will really spiff up your SMP. Well worth the time invested IMHO

Good Luck. 

-P

I posted this elsewhere already

linksheet version of titan live http://www.mediafire.com/download/0l6525vcva82yad/Titan_KAD_Linksheet.zip

I hope dribblers ok with that :slight_smile:

Thanks for the detailed response. I was not aware of the limitation. I will try the Titan Linksheets theme. One final question. Is there a “how to” for creating linksheets? I haven’t done one before but am willing to invest the time. Thanks again.

Thanks. I will try the linksheets version.

how to remove this theme ?

I am using the newest firmware now and I don’t think it goes well with this theme

I updated to the latest firmware and it is working fine. Regardless, just go to settings, appearance and select the default theme.

Very nice theme!!!

Thank you!

SultanBrunei wrote:

I am using the newest firmware now and I don’t think it goes well with this theme

• *Just install another one, even if its the default Mochi theme.

ronmaz wrote:

SultanBrunei wrote:

works well for me,

FYI, you can’t install another copy of mochi

it’s too big to upload 45 Mb compressed

SMP can only accept 30 Mb uncompressed

instead just select mochi as the theme is all that’s needed

I edited the XML -see below. I still get the Titan bg that urns to black after a few seconds. What did I do wrong?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

sorry, try swapping the lines around …

(preview_rect 1st then then background image should overlay on top hiding the black) also add the disable code in red.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!–disable><image image=“@@preview_rect_image” textcolor=“@@preview_rect_color” keycolor=“1” bg=“1” /–>
<image image=“image/icon_logo4wmc_48x48.jpg” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1” />
<image image=“image/new_firmware_001.png” x="0"y="0"w="1280"h="720"bg=“1”/>

KAD79 wrote:

ronmaz wrote:

SultanBrunei wrote:

works well for me,

FYI, you can’t install another copy of mochi

it’s too big to upload 45 Mb compressed

SMP can only accept 30 Mb uncompressed

instead just select mochi as the theme is all that’s needed

People seem to have a hard time understanding Australian English? I wonder why that is?

Of course you can’t install a second copy of Mochi, I wasn’t telling him to do that. In my language, to install a theme is to “make it the current theme”. Perhaps I should have translated it to non-Australian and said “restore the default theme”. How’s that sound? Mate.

KAD79 wrote:

I posted this elsewhere already

linksheet version of titan live http://www.mediafire.com/download/0l6525vcva82yad/Titan_KAD_Linksheet.zip

I hope dribblers ok with that :slight_smile:

Perfectly fine with that KAD79

I updated the firmware and the only thing I can see effected is the RSS screen.

With my Titan theme every .xml file is zipped, even the unedited ones. Would that mean that when the theme is installed with the latest firmware that certain things would be getting reverted back to the older functions?

Cheers.

dribbler wrote:

I updated the firmware and the only thing I can see effected is the RSS screen.

With my Titan theme every .xml file is zipped, even the unedited ones. Would that mean that when the theme is installed with the latest firmware that certain things would be getting reverted back to the older functions?

Cheers.

very possible

behavior is look for xml in theme, if found values are used from the theme xml

if xml is not found

xml from mochi firmware is used

I recently posted a stock version of current mochi theme, something I thought of, but haven’t done yet

is to run a diff of the 2 stock versions, and post the output,

when I get a chance I’ll post of diff up, so that we can see what actually changed

Hello I IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0012.JPG have my movies set up in genre folders and also in there own separate folder as well and I would like to

know how to remove the genre,date actor etc from each of the screens as in pics below.

This is a great theme I really love it and was also wondering if some background music could be added just an idea. 

I have added some pics to see if anyone can help me i’m a newbie at this

Thanks

can’t see the pics yet

turn off media library to get rid of genre, actor, etc …

no background music can’t be added by default

but you can start some music, and then browse your video library