Support os x el capitan

For those have Time Machine problem

What I do is simply move the old backup on the TimeMachine directory to somewhere or just rename it

Remove the WD My Cloud as the Timemachine backup disk and add it back again
It will ask you for the username and password

Then the backup will be doing well (but need to do it all over again)

As what I see in the “Console”, the backupd is keep complaining the UUID of the backup is not the same.

I guess EI capitan have changed the disk/machine UUID however the backup folder is using the same name.
So that the TimeMachine refuse to backup on that folder and doing nothing.

Bah.

Worked for one and a half days, and now twice I got disconnected.

deepakvrao wrote:

Bah.

Worked for one and a half days, and now twice I got disconnected.

keep us posted… at least one and half is better than before… 

Seems to be working again. I had made some changes to the MyCloud settings thru the browser. Cloud access etc. I turned that off again. Maybe that was it? Not sure at all.

The way its working for me now is different than it was in Yosemite

When I connect the NAS drive - it does not mount any file system unless I access the file system

And in the finder the file systems are visible individually - earlier they showed up as folders under the drive.

Under the finder root (My Macbook Pro) > I see multiple file systems from my NAS drive besides the usual Remote disk, Network and MacIntosh HD.

I am not sure if its a feature of El Capitan or its got something to do with the certificate.

The connection remains stable for the time I am logged in… I dont have to do Command+K.

Toufeeq wrote:

The way its working for me now is different than it was in Yosemite

… 

The connection remains stable for the time I am logged in… I dont have to do Command+K.

sooo… today is my day to finally upgrade to El Capitan… maybe :stuck_out_tongue: Not only do I have a cloud access to lose, I now have two cloud access to lose :stuck_out_tongue:

After “always trust”-ing-both certificates on my iMac I have had no issues accessing the drive directly from the finder in Guest mode and my TimeMachine backup’s are working fine and “fast” too.

There was also an update to El Capitan 10.11.1 (Beta 3) and I’m running that and I don’t see any issues - it may have even helped…

Announcement from Bill_S:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/OS-X-10-11-El-Capitan-Finder-Connection-Failure/td-p/909279

Installed ‘Forklift’ and the drive seems to show there consistently. If it works during the trial, I’ll buy the app.

I’m still on YOSEMITE and I get that **bleep** error 6/10 I try connecting through the finder shared list on my sidebar its really irritating. Whats worked for me is:

finder menu → Go Tab → Network → Double click the MyCloud

or try

finder Menu → Go Tab → Connect To Server → in Server Address type “afp://MyCloud._afpovertcp._tcp.local” → click Connect

Today I faced the issue again

It was working fine till yesterday (after that cert always trust setting in keychain) but today after I woke the mac it failed to connect via the finder directly.

Had to take Command+K route.

Even then sometime it failed to mount one file system or the other. Restarted the mac couple of times but that didnt help.

Eventually restarted the WD Drive and then again had to use Command+K to connect and mount each file system.

The direct connectivity from finder isnt working as of now.

Not sure if it would work later.

The work arounds would only go that far. Need a permanent solution for this.

Solution that works for me:

Go Cmd-K route in finder, then make an alias of the folder you want and put it on the desktop. It mounts Mycloud directly.

Seems to be a persistent issue, and also an issue on Apples side for sure. Hopefully a proper fix will come out soon enough. Couldn’t figure out the Keychain fix so I’m using the ‘Go > Connect to Server…’ route which seems okay for now.

And with Apple’s update to 10.11 (in the form of 10.11.1) the issue is fixed… hoorah!

Upgraded to the main release of 10.11.1 released as of today on my test machine. I cannot confirm the problem has been rectified, I would advise not to upgrade. As such I will continue to use Yosemite on my main machine. Have submitted a bug report and a packet trace to Apple to have them look into it.

1 Like

Your information makes no sense

10.10.1 is not El Capitan thats still Yosemite (which has no problems)

10.10.1 - 10.10.5 is Yosemite
10.11.1 and above is El Capitan

I briefly upgraded to 10.11.1 (El Capitan) and had to use TimeMachine to revert back to 10.10.5 (Yosemite) because connecting to the MyCloud was a complete pain.

WD MyCloud

After spending several hours with WD tech support, I seem to have stumbled on a solution to the many connection problems I was having with OSX El Capitan. My NAS was a brick since the last ‘308’ firmware update. Especially after I downloaded the v3 of the software to go with it. Additionally, and more importantly, I could not connect to the NAS as a shared drive with Finder. Really screwed up my backup process using Chronosync.

Process was not painless, but these things did work. Not sure all are needed in this order so beware-

1. Tech reset NAS using System Restore. Make sure you read and select the correct option!! This DID NOT delete any of the data on the NAS. It did however remove all Users and set everything back to Public Access.

2. I had noticed during the call that there was a firmware update available. The tech insisted it was not for the MyCloud. So when the reboot to factory settings didn’t provide any access he said he was going to move my issue up to Level 2. Also, during the call he insisted that he had not heard of the issues I was having from any previous caller. (Seems he was under a BIG rock) We parted ways at that point.

3. Right after the call I was able to gain access to the NAS thru Safari using the v3 of the software. The screen also indicated that there indeed WAS an firmware update available. No amount of fiddling could make the NAS successfully initiate the DOWNLOAD of the necessary files. So I made the decision to wake at 3am to try again. Using my Safari on my iPhone to connect, going to Settings and selecting Manual Update did initiate and complete the process in a relatively short time.

4. Once downloaded and installed, I was again able to connect using the v3 software, but I did need to re-enter and set up Users that had been removed by the factory reset in #1 above. And as importantly, I needed to change each share from Public to Private. Then, I needed to grant appropriate access to each User I set up.

5. With the above complete, my testing so far (including using Finder) seems to have returned to ALL ACCESS that existed prior to the ‘308’ firmware debacle.

6. ALSO IMPORTANT (or not ymmv), I HAD UPDATE MY MAC TO OSX 10.11.1 prior to any of the above.

Hope this helps anyone else that was experiences issues with their NAS in recent weeks.

Edited to make sense, meant to put 10.11.1 and 10.11. Sorry. Was in a rush as I was excited.

Not sure why you can’t connect still, mine is as should be so I’m happy about that. Hopefully WD can fix it for others.

1 Like

well… I am now on El Capitan Version 10.11.1 and the cloud drive maps seems stable. Good luck to me and to any other installed El Capitans